Game client not launching

This is happening again for me. Unbelievable how this hasn’t even been looked at yet.

1 Like

I don’t think this is going to change, Insider builds have 0 support rn

Now it’s not even a crash. I don’t see the process launch for more than a second.

2 Likes

Still investigating this bug? I have already installed after Insider build 26052.

this is happening to me and has been happening since some time in January. roblox just doesn’t open, no pop-up, no loading symbol nothin!!

My troubleshooting steps
  • Reset PC (with an usb iso, clean install)This did work temporarily, managed to open it once and play successfully, but after that, it stopped working.
  • Reinstall Roblox (full wipe from AppData\Local\Roblox)
  • Using a proxy/vpn
  • Using another browser
  • Opening Roblox Player app from Windows rather than pressing play through a browser
  • Using the Microsoft Store version of Roblox
  • Disabling Windowed Optimisations/Other Graphics Settings
  • Resetting BIOS to defaults
  • Updating BIOS
  • Updating Graphics (clean install) and Chipset Drivers
  • Updating Windows (to 22631.3155)
  • Using a Virtual Machine
  • Changing Graphics Settings to High Performance/Power Saving
  • Using another network/mobile service
  • Using other PCs (one did work! but has an identical setup to the other two, so no findings there)
  • Toggling Secure Boot
  • Toggling XMP
  • Running Roblox as Administrator

i saw loads of people complaining across discord and even some on downdetector lmao - plz someone fix lololol
i emailed roblox and they said they’re aware of it and trying to fix it but gave no eta

have a sliiiight feeling hyperion being a bit cheeky

2 Likes

Did you ask AI for answers or smth? Some of these hardly make any sense

Some anti-cheats require Secure Boot to be enabled, and some other applications may have issues with it being enabled. I tried enabling and disabling to remove the possibility of this being an issue.
An example of an anti-cheat that requires Secure Boot is Riot Vanguard.

My client launches now, it just crashes early on.

mine works completely now, no crashing.
must’ve updated?

I have a solution for this problem i have been using for a year already, Roblox pls just fix this, anyway let’s get to the point. Do Win + R and type %localappdata% then find the Roblox folder and head to Versions.
afbeelding
In the folder:
afbeelding
Go into any of these version folders
afbeelding
and if u can find Installer.exe or Launcher.exe
afbeelding
then run either of them and wait for it to fully install Roblox again, now hopefully Roblox should work again normally. Sadly this solution will only work for 2 weeks or so, then u just redo it.

1 Like

i usually just use the client app because the same thing happens to me.

started happening to me today too and still is but only for launching games on the website

You forgot to mention that Roblox also uses a lot of cpu resources (probably for no reason)

I am also encountering this issue. The installer appears to work, but the actual Roblox client does not start. Not sure if this information would help, but I am dual booting Linux and Windows, and I’ve allocated 50 GB to my Windows partition.

Here’s a video of what I’m encountering

It is possible that the cause of my problem is different although the symptom of the problem is still the same.

System information

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70 GHz

Memory: 8 GB

Storage: Samsung SSD 870 EVO 250 GB. Only about 50 GB (exactly 49.3 GB) is allocated to Windows

Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Log files for Roblox engineers

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-not-starting-dump-files/2881198

What is the result of winver?

This was happening to my brother after he dualbooted Linux. What he had to do is go into control panel, network and sharing center, then edit the settings of the ethernet or wifi (depending on your connection) and changed the ipv4 DNS settings to set automatically, which ended up fixing the issue. Why some computers have a DNS server could be because it’s connected to some type of server such as active directory or something. My brother was connected to my Windows server’s DNS server, causing ROBLOX to detect unexpected client behavior.

Renamed the topic. Thanks to all the people trying to help out here (and in private), but it’s not happening for me anymore. I’ll keep this up for anybody wh oneeds it or is stil lexperiencing it.

1 Like

Yeah this method works for me. I think this bug is related to the client update checker or something. because this bug will reappear if there is a game client update so we have to manually update the game client through local files

2 Likes