Game Completely Crashing When Joining

Hello guys,

So I have a big problem with my game here.
For a few days now, my game completely crashes when I join it and I have no clue where it’s coming from.

Note: The studio is completely fine.

What I Tried So Far

• Removing all ‘while loops’
  • Disabling all my plugins
  • Starting a server in the studio (Worked, was not crashing)
  • Testing in studio (Worked, no problems either)

Example of my game crashing:

That’s the moment I joined ↑

Any help is appreciated, please help me, I can’t really work on my game because of this. Even if you don’t know, you can still give me an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

How can we help you if we dont know how it should look like… maybe check for CanCollide and Anchor on parts?

1 Like

Have you read the post? The game just crashes when I join. I don’t think you understood the post :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Did you edit the game just before this crash started happening or has it been running fine in the past and you haven’t touched it?
Do you use Team Create with other people, or are you the only one that works on it?

The reason I ask is that if you or others have started just using a plugin or a free model that has been corrupted and it could have hidden a script somewhere in your game. Disabling the plugin or removing the free model might not get rid of the issue if the script has already been added.

Try searching for the word Script using the Explorer toolbox while the game is in Test mode in Studio?

2 Likes

Yes, we did edit the game because we made a lot of updates.

Here are all the plugins I use, if you wanted to know :

We didn’t use any free models, since we made everything ourselves. I do use Team Create because I am making this game with my friend.

Also, I don’t know if that comes from my plugins, but when I code, it sometimes creates this line of code :

I have this for a long time, and it always seemed suspicious to me.

Anyway, i’ll go try that thing out :

Thanks for your help, I apppreciate it <3

1 Like

Your plugins are making you crash. That code right there is a backdoor for hackers to exploit in your games. I would suggest removing all of your plugins and only downloading plugins made by trusted or famous people.

2 Likes

Is it gonna fix my game if I uninstall them right now?

1 Like

probably. yes but if game is infected by other type of plugin malware (which stays even when u remove plugins) u need to change a lot of things

download a trusted anti-virus plugin, so you could remove all the backdoors that are already in your game. also, everytime u see a line of code that you did not write yourself, that is not a good sign!!! don’t just be suspicious, make sure you find the root of the cause, and try to report it as well.

1 Like

Alright so, me and my friend tried to move stuff by stuff in a copy of the file, and we (probably) found out the problem. It started to crash only when we were adding the scripts. So, the scripts are apparently causing this.

I’ll report it once we fix it of course.

Thanks all for the help <3

1 Like

we already found the problem, its those requires()()

1 Like

Make sure your plugins and your friends plugins are by the original creator.
One issue with Team Create is that a harmful plugin used by anyone working on the game can introduce a script.

1 Like