Game Concept: Run & Gun Infection type game

(Yes I made this image, and no I am not certain on the name)

So, this is just an idea I had for a really long time that I never really had any time to create it, nor the proper skills to do so.
As if right now I’m referring to this game as:

Game Ideas

The whole Idea of the game is to be some kind of Run & Gun type shooter with fast paced movement and hopefully good mechanics.
However its supposed to be an Infection type game where you can survive with up to 12 other players, where you have to complete objectives and or kill the infected.

The main Genre being a FPS Horror type game, but because its a mix of both, im not sure whether to market it as Shooter, FPS, or Horror. What do you think?

I was also thinking of adding a Defense mode, where you have to defend a specific area for a certain amount of waves, however you must repair your defenses before they are completely destroyed by the infected, which can allow them to break through.

Weapons

For Weapons, I was thinking of having one of each class at the start, basically meaning:
1 Sniper, 1 HMG, 1 LMG, 1 Rifle, 1 Shotgun, 1 SMG, and 1 Pistol
I’m not entirely sure which weapons I want to choose to fill these purposes, nor if I should make my own weapons for the fun of it, both seem very interesting to do, but both seem to be equally as difficult to decide on

Enemy Types

This topic has been a bit of an issue for me to decide on, as I feel that I can implement specific entities in their own ways, however I dont know which I should go for, I asked some of my friends, as well as other people online, but In still have this issue.

These were the main 3 that were brought up when I asked:

Enemy Type Description
Furries While not bad on the surface, im afraid it can be misused for a darker meaning because of a certain game, and a certain community, during a very funny virus. I'm not sure if this could be inplemented without people getting the wrong idea, or me suddenly being seen as a degenerate..
Demons Fairly normal concept, but I feel is overused and already existing in many games. It was the original idea for an enemy when I first thought of the concept, as at the time I was working with my friends on a story with demons in it.
Generic Zombies Same as above, however without the friend part.

Which do you think?

Inspirations

Mechanics

TREPΛNG2
DOOM
F.E.A.R.

Infection

Halo 5: Guardians

Thoughts?

For one:

What do you think?

0 voters

And Second:

Do you think I can imporve upon this concept?
  • Absolutely!
  • Yes.
  • Maybe.
  • No.
  • Absolutely Not!

0 voters

3 Likes

Hey! If you’re gonna start development on this game, I would say for sure go with demons, not zombies! Theres a million Roblox zombie games out there so demons would be a better pick, and you can think of some fancy designs for them and whatnot :smile: Have fun making the game!

2 Likes

Right, but based on the details for the game, what do you think would fit best with their design?

1 Like

I feel like Zombies Infection has been done to death (no pun intended). Could you maybe keep the core idea, but mix up the approach?

Demons are quite cool, which has a more Doom feel to it. But you could also consider other variations that might make your game stand apart from other infection games.

For example, when you’re killed you become a ghost - so it’s ghost vs ghost hunters (and your weapons could then be some wild and wacky ideas rather than a standard weapon, for example ghost trap or other similar things like what is seen in the ghost busters movies).

That’s the beauty of making your own game, I don’t think I can really help you too much with that! Just do what you think fits your idea best :smiling_face: