Game Explorer Image Features

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to work with images in the Game Explorer in Studio.

1. It takes 30 seconds for the Game Explorer to refresh each time I upload, rename, or delete an image. (My game has approx. 150 images in total). This is far too slow, and adds unnecessary waiting time.

2. Many times, when I try to upload more than 3 images at a time, the upload fails for some of the images. So, I have to resort to uploading only 3 images at a time.

3. Sometimes an ordinary image gets rejected with a 500 error. This is an error that your team is aware of, but have not been able to fix. I have to resort to posting to the moderation forum for your staff to fix the image.

4. I can only delete a single image at a time. And each time I delete an image, I need to wait for the 30 second refresh. This makes it really difficult if I need to delete many images.

5. I cannot copy a local image from one game into another game. For testing purposes, I have a duplicate copy of a game. So I would like to copy over new local images from my game into the duplicate game via copy and paste.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.

Modern games have a lot of image assets, which requires uploading, editing, copying, and deleting images. Your current Game Explorer is completely inadequate and so slow that it affects my development in a detrimental way.

For example, I would like to replace about 50 images in a game with optimized images. But I can’t do that now because it would take too long to individually delete the existing images.

8 Likes