Game Explorer Image Uploads and Slow Refresh

There are two problems that have been introduced in the Game Explorer in a recent update.

1. The refresh of the Game Explorer assets is now very slow. Sometimes it takes 20 seconds or more to refresh, where in the past it was only a few seconds. Every time I upload a new image, this long refresh happens. Every time I delete an image, this long refresh occurs. When I first open the game in Studio, this long refresh also happens. Makes working with images in Game Explorer very tedious.

2. I can only upload 3 images at a time in Game Explorer. Anything more usually results in an error that some of the images could not be uploaded. In the past, I could upload approximately 10 images at a time.

2 Likes

This isn’t really a reproducible bug. It sounds like an issue on your end.

I’d recommend searching here for more answers:

#1 is an known issue with game explorer (when there are more than 10 or so assets), that will be fixed in a week or two.

#2 is new, however. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Personally I am not (#2), but I experience a similar issue when attempting to playback multiple audio sources in quick succession. Is this related? I assumed it is my internet being throttled.

I just tried it, and it said image, buuuuuuut I tried to upload 13 at a time just to test it. None of them should be failing tho :frowning:

that sounds unrelated. can you post a place where this happens?

Sure,

It isn’t a place necessarily - it’s just in studio when previewing sounds in quick succession via the Game Explorer.
Should this go to the web team?

For #2, through many image uploads over the past few days, I noticed these trends:

1. I can upload 3 images at a time consistently without errors.

2. If I try more than 3, then I usually get the error “Failed to upload x images”, where x is the number of images that did not upload. Usually, at least 3 images upload fine, but some of the rest do not.

3. I also noticed that if I upload too many images within a given timeframe, that the image uploads seem to be throttled, and will fail. It seems like I can only upload a certain number of images per minute, and then I get throttled, and need to wait another minute before uploading more.