Game Explorer takes too long to refresh when adding new assets which harms UX

The game explorer takes too long to refresh itself when adding new items to it, such as new places.

Repro

• Open an existing game with a lot of content / a lot of assets in the Game Explorer.
  • Add a new place via Game Explorer.
  • Game Explorer will refresh itself, which may take 5-10 seconds.
  • Only now I can start interacting again with the Game Explorer.

Unexpected behavior

Game Explorer needs to refresh when I add an item, and takes ages to do so.

Even if my internet connection is perfect, it should not be needed for the list to refresh and perform a web request synchronously before viewing contents again. It can do this in the background and perform a diff on what to add/remove/change in the list dynamically, without interrupting me.

Expected behavior

Game Explorer instantly adds an item to the list, without refreshing synchronously, and optionally performs a refresh in the background and adds any new changes asynchronously without refreshing it entirely. I can continue working in the Game Explorer while it works to get the changes in the background.

For example, I could quickly hit the “Add new place” button 10 times if I needed to set that up for my game, without needing to wait 5-10 seconds in between. A parallel use case can be drawn for images, meshes, etc.

Additional information

This is somewhat related to this thread, but I opted to file it as a separate report because the one linked is two combined which makes it hard to track in that thread: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/game-explorer-image-uploads-and-slow-refresh/52567