Game Icon and Thumbnail Feedback,

Made this Game icon and Thumbnail for a commission, wanted thoughts on it, also I am still experimenting with rim lighting, if anyone has suggestions or other ways to do it, please tell me. Also, I use the saber lighting plugin for it, anyway here is the thumbnail and the icon:

(Click on images for high quality)
Here’s my portfolio if you want to order

2 Likes

I really like the outlines you did with the plugin and the characters look great! although the background looks very bland. I would suggest adding more varieties of cacti.

1 Like

Thanks! I was given the map by the comissioner, but I agree I could have added more decorations.

This looks great. Maybe a tiny bit overexposed thought? I can barely see details like the texture on the ground. Also, do you have any resources/tutorials you could link explaining how to make an outline like that? It looks super nice.

1 Like

Its in Photoshop u cut the character or get it as a png and add a glow effect and some paintbrush and some effects

I can explain it over discord! Thanks a ton for the feedback, I think the texture on the ground is not that visible because I made the opacity down.

Actually that’s not how I did it, I used after effects for it, it is better than the method you said, but yours works very well too!