Game Icon Feedback!

Can someone give me some feedback on this game icon that I did while I was bored?

I am trying to improve, so feedback always help!

But I can see some main problems myself, for example the hat doesn’t fit on right.

4 Likes

When designing graphics, its easy to get lost in the detail and forget about your target environment. Since this is a game icon, I’d suggest zooming out and looking at it as it will appear. Make a mockup of it on the roblox games page to get it in its environment and context. At the scale it’ll show up on the games page, I would hardly notice the hat not fitting right, but I would have a real hard time reading the text. What’s important in an icon imo is that it’s easily recognizable (being unique is a part of that) and communicates or hints at the concept of your game.

Overall I think this is a very good start for an icon, but there are a few suggestions I have:
The colors of the text and outline clash with the rest of the image severely when zoomed out. Choose colors that go with each other, but also highlight what you want to present (i.e. “Pose Simulator” text) with the color that stands out more, and I’d suggest to not have a background that’s vibrant: you want the viewer to be drawn to the subject, not the background. Also, the pose that you have the character in is a generic pose that any avatar in any game could be in, which doesn’t exactly communicate “pose simulator” imo. I’d suggest going with an obvious pose that really gets your idea out there.

Hope I helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah about the pose I didn’t know what pose to go for so I went for a generic solid pose. I just made the “game” random and put a random name as it was for practice and wasn’t actually a game.

But overall thanks for the feedback!

1 Like
  1. The head looks like you can see the individual polygons lol
  2. There’s also a lot of light going on the center of the head
  3. Other then that, it looks fine. Scale the character more though

The guy doesn’t fit into the background maybe put some red glow around him and the pose is a little stiff. Other than that it looks alright, keep up the good work :+1:

I don’t know if this is just me but “Pose Simulator” doesn’t sound right

Lol it was a random name I used

1 Like

The GFX seems pretty good, can you center the text? I think it will look better! Good job!

The face does not seem right for this GFX

Yep. I made this character a long time ago. I just used it for practice purposes