Game Icon Feedback

Hi everyone reading this I just made a new game “Sail Racing” and would like some feedack on my game icon. :slight_smile:
I’m pretty new to make icons and thats why it ain’t the best but hope you think it’s good.
I first posted this in the wrong category.

Game Icon:

Game Link:

8 Likes

It looks epic!
I think that it matches the theme perfectly. I even played the game for a bit and thought that it was awesome and fun. Good job! :grin:

2 Likes

Oh thanks really appreciate the response and i’m glad that you liked my game! :grin:

1 Like

It looks great and how Astro said perfect to the game, Wich Software do you use for your Icons ?

3 Likes

Thanks, the software I use is Canva:
https://www.canva.com

2 Likes

The background lines are too much, i think there should be less of them and colors should be just a bit different to not be too distracting, 3d water effect would be good like put some water behind the boat, the shadow on the text should be more pronounced (sharper), also maybe lower the text closer to the middle and make it smaller so it doesnt touch the edges. Other than that it looks good!

3 Likes

Thanks for your response and I will try to fix these things. I don’t know if I’m good enough to do all this but I can try!

2 Likes

It’s very retro, feels like a game back in 2010. At least visible and understandable.

1 Like

It’s kind of bland. I would recommend using Photopea and Blender (which are both free btw) to achieve the highest quality icon possible. The shadow on the text is a bit overdone, too, as it kind of overpowers the background.

1 Like

water doesnt match up nor does the background

1 Like

Thank for your response I take your feedback like something positive.

Thanks for your feedback I will try to fix these things and hope it goes well!

1 Like