Game icon randomly reverts on different areas of the website

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

At random times across many different pages of the website, our game icon is reverting to a previous version. This is what it should be:

This is what we sometimes see if we refresh the page:

Adopt Me has our big Christmas update tomorrow, and we frequently change our game icon to match the status of our in-game countdown (1 hour left, 10 mins left, happening now!). However, with this issue, we’re concerned that it could hinder our ability to reach our players and let them know that the update is almost out.

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This happens quite frequently. Even with force refreshing (clearing the local cache) on the same page, it can sometimes continuously swap between two icon versions.

When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

This has been happening for the past 3 weeks on and off. It has become especially problematic recently.

18 Likes

Still an issue. I’ve had to re-upload the same icon 10 times

5 Likes

Can confirm this is still an issue. I had uploaded an icon last night and kept checking on it every now and then for about 3-4 hours and it didn’t revert itself, then when I woke up this morning and checked the game again the icon had magically reverted back to the old one.

I’m not 100% certain, but I believe this started happening when localized game icons became a thing.

Lately within the past week, I’ve noticed that every night, my game icon is automatically reverting back to the previously uploaded version, then flipping back to normal a few hours later.

I uploaded the normal version of my game icon yesterday, but as of right now (10:30pm EST) it’s displaying the holiday icon that I originally uploaded on Christmas.

The expected current game icon is:

Since this started happening around the New Year, could this be a timing-related issue?

Game link: Roblox High School 2 - Roblox

5 Likes

I can confirm this happening. This has happened to my games, but upon removing the icon from the configure page and re-uploading the new one fixes it!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m also having this happen to me with my games.

It usually gets solved after I upload the same image a few times, but would rarely get reverted back to the same image hours later. Half the time it will show the new icon in the place configuration but not show it anywhere else, and other times it will appear but shortly go back to the old one later.

I believe this has been happening to me for the past month or two.

I have noticed the game that i work on has this issue aswell.

This is the icon that shows up on the homepage :
This is the icon on the frontpage :

We are having this issue too it’s very annoying and should be fixed immediately

1 Like

We are working on a change that should hopefully help with this. I’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to change World // Zero’s game icon for the last 2 days but it keeps reverting after some time passes.

Is there a way to change game icons currently? Do you just keep trying?

Did you try AV_4V’s solution here?

1 Like

Will try this tonight as it reverted a 3rd time using the normal method.

1 Like

Hey Alex! Did this ever work out for you?

Would love to know! Thanks.

I tried removing the icon and setting it to the auto-generated one, then reuploading the icon.

This is what I see on my “Home” page now:

But on the Games sort:

We’ve released a change that should reduce the frequency + duration of this issue. We’re still looking into the root cause (and also potentially adding a button to fix this when you see it, like the “Redraw avatar” button but for icons).

1 Like