Game icon/game logo feedback

I am going to preface this with good graphic design isn’t my specialty (which is clear with the icon I am about to show).

Anyways, I am making a building game with various similarities to Lumber Tycoon 2 and other building games. I have been pretty stumped with on ideas to make an appealing, relevant, and unique game icon/game logo.

This is what I got currently:
qac_game_icon

The logo is found on the bottom of the icon and admittedly, the actual icon is a bit lazy as it is only a placeholder screenshot.

Any help/feedback will be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

You said the image is a place holder, so I won’t talk about it itself. When you put the real one there, make sure it has a central item your viewing (typically a being) if you’ve ever played mobile games like clash royale and see their icon, you’ll see that it’s one huge focus item, and I really think that’s the way to go. You could improve the logo by sticking to what your good at. Instead of a duck made from shapes in the logo, just make a duck the central focus of the image. I don’t really like the black border around it, you should probably remove that in my opinion.
You could add more details to the text itself inside the logo, like a border around the text contextually. That’s all I got for right now. Keep working on it, and ask for more feedback, good work do far :+1:

4 Likes

Looks nice!

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Also, you may want to make the logo a bit bigger so players can see it easier.

1 Like

So a game icon technically has something or someone from the game on it, in a stylized and edited way. This means that good icons show something exciting and eye-catching from the game in a small frame of 512x512 pixels.

Your icon isn’t bad, but I suggest that you make the logo higher or make the duck avatar show the centerpiece of the icon. Make the main area of focus and the logo can be in the middle. A lot of game icons have this style, so just look in the discover section of Roblox for examples.

It’s a learning process, so keep it up!

1 Like

@TheNesNes32 @iGiDgames @Dan_foodz

You all bring great points! I thank you greatly for the feedback.
When I get a new icon created, I will add it to this thread for additional feedback.

So far, these are some ideas I am going to add for the logo portion:
1.) Removing the border from the logo (as per iGiDgames’s idea)
2.) Possibly resizing the logo bigger (as per Dan_foodz’s idea)
3.) Making a better duck for the “C” in “QAC,” but use less vibrant colors so it does not take focus away from the text (kind of like how the pickaxe doesn’t take focus over the text).
4.) Maybe stylizing the text of the logo a bit (like adding a border around the text) (as per iGiDgames’s idea)

Now, for the actual icon portion, I have one idea of what I could do, but I feel it may be a bit generic:

I am thinking maybe making a render of the duck person found in the screenshot, making him hold a pickaxe, and positioned in the center with like a low-focus rock/slate background (or feel free to suggest background ideas too, that is always welcome).

I think doing an icon like that will probably be aesthetically pleasing and relevant, however, I feel like it would be too generic because so many games have a random (albeit usually pleasing) avatar as their icon, so it would be even better if I can think of some other thing I can use as the center-focus of the icon.

I can be fine with just doing the duck man, but if any other unique ideas are presented, I would greatly appreciate those too.

Thanks again, everyone! I will update as soon as I can!

2 Likes

I feel like you should blue the background except for your character. My focus went straight the the terrain on the side and the block you are standing on. I feel like if you blurred it, it would put more emphasis on the logo itself. :hugs:

1 Like

Update!

I now have created two renders for the game icon (I am still working on the logo portion). They are merely proofs of concept, I know both need additional work, but what kind of approach should I go for?

My game has sections in the vast, sunny terrain and it will also have deep, dark underground areas. I have created two proof of concept renders for both of these themes. Which one should I pursue more?

Theme 1 (Bright!):

Theme 2 (Dark!):

1 Like

I’d definitely go with theme 1. Just making a single subject the focus of the icon makes it look THAT much better. Good work👌

Thanks for the feedback! I am going to try to make it a R6 rig with deformation so the joint bending is relatively smooth and then I am going to pose him better.

After that, I think I just have to fix the logo and the game icon should be more or less done!

This is just a roblox screenshot with a logo at the bottom. Use blender or so for a GFX and maybe hire someone to make the logo (use blender gurus channel for blender basics)

Check one of my update replies, I am now using Blender for the icon render, the screenshot was just a placeholder lol