[Game Idea] – "Beyond the Room" (Suggested Name)

Greetings Roblox Developers and Community Members!

I’m excited to share an idea I’ve been passionate about: a game tentatively titled “Beyond the Room”, which explores social isolation, inspired by the Japanese phenomenon of hikikomori.

Concept Overview

“Beyond the Room” is a psychological horror game with life simulation and emotional survival elements. Players take on the role of a hikikomori — someone living in complete isolation. The goal is to navigate the challenges of isolation, interact with other players and NPCs, and attempt to reconnect with the outside world. The game combines melancholy, psychological horror, and surreal humor for a unique experience.

Core Features

• Social Interaction: Progress happens when players connect with others, especially during moments of emotional crisis, fostering collaboration.
  • Basic Needs Management: Players must manage their character’s basic needs — eating, sleeping, hygiene — to avoid psychological breakdowns.
  • Mental Health Crises: During crises, visual and auditory distortions turn the player’s environment into a nightmarish experience.
  • Virtual World Interaction: Players can join online forums and events, though this may deepen their isolation.
  • Surreal Minigames: Minigames reflect the character’s mental state, shifting between dreamlike and nightmarish sequences.
  • Personal Goals and Rewards: Players can set objectives and earn rewards that impact their social progress or isolation.

Why This Game?

Social isolation is a growing issue, and “Beyond the Room” offers a way to explore its psychological and emotional effects. Beyond entertainment, it encourages reflection on mental health and human connections.

A Call to Developers

As I’m not a developer, I’m offering this project free to the Roblox community. Talented developers can expand and adapt the concept to create something special on Roblox.

If you’re inspired by this idea, feel free to take it and develop it as you see fit. The concept is open-source and flexible.

Why Join?

• Creative Innovation: Be part of developing a game that combines psychological horror, simulation, and social dynamics.
  • Collaboration: Work with others to bring this idea to life.
  • Creative Freedom: Adapt and reshape the concept with no restrictions.

Game Title

The suggested title is “Beyond the Room”, but you’re free to change it as needed.

How to Participate

Start developing if you’re interested. There are no deadlines or expectations, and the idea remains open to all in the Roblox community.

In Summary:

• Title: Beyond the Room (flexible)
  • Genre: Psychological horror, life simulation
  • Availability: Free and open-source for Roblox developers
  • Objective: Developers can use, adapt, and build on the idea

Thank you for reading, and I’m excited to see what the community creates with this idea!

Suggested Titles

• Beyond the Room
  • Isolation Echo
  • The Inner Door
  • Shadows of the Mind

These are just suggestions and can evolve with community input.

1 Like

This video exemplifies the game’s horror atmosphere:

Wow! This concept is GREAT! I would definitely try to make this if i didn’t have any ongoing projects.

Also,
I.
Want.
Lore.

1 Like