Game Idea but I don't know if ROBLOX Will allow it based off some few words

Basically you are and Angel of Death, you deiced if the person go to Hell Or Heaven I don’t know if roblox will allow the following words of The Devil, Hell, Satan etc.

Game would look like something like this but more modern and better.

Game Design
UI By @Samphirezs
Programmer: @pasdalover

3 Likes

Many games have used the words “Hell”, “Heaven”, “Satan”, “Devil”. They aren’t censored and are allowed. However, context is important here. Sending somebody to “Hell” could imply many things such as “send them to prison” or “torture them”. I think if it was interpreted as “torture them”, this could be a red flag to moderation and could result in action being taken.

I personally would redesign the game around a different idea. All the terms you mentioned are religious, and in my eyes (although not necessarily moderation’s), have no place on the platform. Everybody has different views and beliefs, and as such you’d be eliminating a lot of possible users.

3 Likes

There all just NPC, Zero Players will be sent, the player will not see “Heaven” or even “Hell” just and little GUI & View Point from camera of the NPC Character design what not. Server will be 1 player.

Just replace The Devil , Hell , Satan with The Demon King , Underworld , Made up demon king name if you are worried.

2 Likes

Ah, good idea as I got some good names as " The Keeper ",“The Overland”,“The Underland”. Most likely will do as in your suggestion.

So this is like Papers Please but for kids? Interesting. I’m not really sure if this is something I’d consider appropriate for children, mainly because the core game involves discrimination and judgement as the main gameplay.

How will you make this engaging for kids, while still remaining appropriate and ethical? How will they be rewarded for gameplay? (which is actually an important concern, if you think about it, because it could be teaching kids how they should act in real life…)

Perhaps ask yourself this: Will the ideas kids take away from this game be positive?

This game idea seems to be in a bit of a grey area. A rule of thumb that might be useful in this scenario is: if you are unsure, don’t do it.

Also note, however, that a lot of games that exist on Roblox (and other forms of media common in society) already aren’t very ethical too. So maybe it won’t make a difference.

But regardless, it’s up to you. Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Its not directed to children, its directed to mature people on roblox, Around the age of like 13- 16 or something.

Its like Papers Pleases Just friendly words but not really directed to children ish. Such as a feature I suggest to be added to roblox is to show if your game is directed to the mature side of roblox or the more children friendly side.

1 Like

That’s cool then. Fortunately the moment-to-moment gameplay doesn’t seem very exciting for a child anyway, so you will definitely have lower than normal numbers in that age range :wink:

If only Roblox had age-restriction features…

1 Like

I could possibly create a system or warning saying its directed to the mature age side of roblox.

2 Likes

Directing your gameplay to older robloxians never really does well in games since like 90% of roblox’s player-base wont be interested. Even if u think its a cool engaging idea I would never recommend it.

Regardless, good luck.

This UI hurts to look at please fix these colors

here are some suggestions and sites for colors:
don’t use white text with bright greens and blues

In terms of words being allowed, community rules says no discriminatory speech based on religion or discriminating users based on religion. I don’t think using words like hell or heaven breaks those rules, and there have been plenty of times in the past where games called “heaven or hell obby” have made it to the frontpage so I think its fine.

1 Like