[Game Idea]: Medieval Merchants

Medieval Merchants is a game I recently planned and began work on. The game idea is simple:

• You are set in Medieval Europe, Middle East and Medhitterian Africa.
  • You can setup your company in any nation, and be able to invest in ships, settlements, or any other infustructure to improve your merchant empire.

• With your actions, you can bring allies or enemies, which can be either nations or other companies.

• It will be tile-based game, like HOI4, AOH2, and many other similar games. (HRE will probably be considered as one nation, possibly with bigger nations like Saxony, Austria, Prussia and Bavaria being seperate)

• All Nations would be AI, but Most companies will be by the player.

• Nations could sell / award land to companies.

• Overall, it would be a bit similar to Rise of Nations, but instead of countries, you play as companies.

Dev Team

I added the game to my DevGroup (FS Dev), which are:

me (programmer & most other things)
@white_eye225 (group owner, and modelling/building)

Although since others in my Dev group aren’t really active, I may get other people on board who are interested.

Feedback

If you got any feedback on current ideas or ideas for new mechanics, feel free to comment! I’ll soon begin a Devlog thread once I’ve created enough.

4 Likes

Starting to make a map, basing it of HOI4 map for a refferance.

Each major/regional city gets its own province, so some provinces may be small while others very big.

Very interesting idea! So is it more a resource management game or a game where you divide a workforce to different jobs (worker management)?

Basically companies can buy/sell resources, and each port can provide different resources for different prices, and ships used by the company would have a capacity to store resources.

So yeah, it’s kind of a resource management game

1 Like

Map so far

Sounds like a lot of fun! The best of luck to you! I’ll be following.

1 Like

Completed the province map, if anyone got any feedback, please share it with me!

1 Like

paint.net file: mapcomplete.pdn
image file: mapcomplete

Added some city names, if I mispelt or misplaced these cities, please correct me!

Also for anyone who definetely knows which cities are meant to go in which empty province, please tell me aswell, I know a few more than what I placed but either didn’t have space or time.

image file down (png)

Began on the 3D modelling, should be complete in 1-2hrs

Progress update

1 Like

Haven’t really done much recently but here’s progress update