Game ideas for beginners help

Hey! I want to try and get into game developing, and I am currently learning the basic fundamentals of how to script a game and soon to be getting onto learning the advanced fundamentals + GUIs, etc. I am already familiar on how to model, however it could need some work (lol)

I came on here to ask the community here if there are any game ideas for a beginner to try and start off with to implement their basic knowledge into? I simply want help to jog my brain into thinking what kind of games I could make with the basic knowledge I know.

Thanks!!

3 Likes

You can always start off with a simple obby. It’ll be easy to add onto as well, with things like shaky bridges (which you’d build using physics constraints), and having those walls that temporarily becomes uncollidable if you say a specific word (although that isn’t exactly an obby thing)

1 Like

Well as you’ve gotten into learning scripting and gui making, why not combine the two into a ‘cookie clicker’ type gui game. This could challenge your scripting and gui abilities at the same time.

2 Likes