Game Info Inappropriate?

Hi!

So I’m trying to publish my game so I can make DevProducts, but there’s a problem:

I was just editing the name and description of my game on the Roblox website, but it won’t let me save changes because…

Apparently I have an inappropriate name/description?

The name of my game is Developer Collaboration Hangout.

This is the description:

Welcome to the Developer Collaboration Hangout, where you can socialize with other developers of Roblox and create your dream team for a game you wish to make! Show others your skills in hopes of getting hired, or offer other developers jobs for pay! You may discuss payment in the form of Robux, but not real currency. If you enjoy the game/hangout, give it a thumbs up, follow the game, and feel free to donate! Thanks for visiting and I hope you find this game useful as a developer!

Premium benefits: Faster Walkspeed

Error message looks like this:

I don’t think my name or description is inappropriate… Thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

9 Likes

Perhaps it was the word Robux? Try editing and re-trying the description until it works.
EDIT: May also be the word Real Currency. :dollar:

2 Likes

Most likely has something to do with the payment, try including that in your game rather than the description

2 Likes

That’s the only thing that you can do, it’s really bad that how they don’t tell you which part went wrong.

5 Likes

Probably the error was ‘real currency’, but the thing is that I tried using the title and description in a game I had out there and it didn’t mark it as an error.

Which doesn’t makes sense.
I assume it’s a mistake. You should retry.

3 Likes

Inappropriate place name or description is simply Roblox’s way of telling you that something in the title or description is going to be hash tagged so instead of letting you save, it gives this warning instead.

Kinda makes it difficult to know what is hash tagged but it’s not intending to say that what you typed is innaproperate.

I believe that it is the word “Robux” and “Real currency” Just a wild guess.

1 Like

This is most likely bug, because it before happens to me I was not able to change the game name to most likely everything but I can put it to stuff like “e” only, even tho the game name was not inappropriate or something, after a while ago it worked perfect with same name I wanted, so I believe this is a bug and you should try moving this to #platform-feedback:website-bugs and good luck.

I’d just remove this entire bit and finish at “jobs”. The rest is kind of unnecessary and probably raises a lot of flags and questions.

2 Likes

It’s not a great idea to discuss payment in the game description. I’d try to keep it as short and summarised as possible, therefore I’d remove the discussion about payment.

Personally, I’d just get rid of this whole part as it is not very helpful and this is probably the part that Roblox has deemed to be inappropriate.

Alright, I did get the part about currency out of the way. My description now says:

Welcome to the Developer Collaboration Hangout, where you can socialize with other developers of Roblox and create your dream team for a game you wish to make! Show others your skills in hopes of getting hired, or offer other developers jobs. If you enjoy the game/hangout, give it a thumbs up, follow the game, and feel free to donate! Thanks for visiting and I hope you find this game useful as a developer!

Premium benefits: Faster Walkspeed

But the error still comes up. :confused:

Should I make another topic about this in the #platform-feedback:website-bugs section just yet? Or just keep trying?

Update: After deleting all the settings of my game, including name and description, I logged out of Roblox and logged back in. I configured my name and changed “real life currency” to “real currency”, and it worked. Don’t know why it showed up as inappropriate at first. Thanks for all the help/suggestions!

Considering roblox has told me the word “spears” is inappropriate it could literally be anything, the moderation system is just that bad.

2 Likes

I think it might be because of the word “Robux” or “real currency” or can be both.

I guessing its because you use those words. Try changing them to something else.:+1: