Game is darker on mobile

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. **What do you want to achieve?
    I want to fix the issue that my game is way too dark for mobile users.

2. What is the issue?
    On my horror game I set the Time to 00:00 and added some fog. But the problem is that for mobile players the game is way too dark, while at pc everything is just fine.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I looked for a youtube tutorial and tried to find something on the DevForum. I’ve also experimented with the properties a little bit, changed the sky to a night sky and left the fog, etc. Nothing worked.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!
So at first I just had the normal sky, set the time to 00:00 and set the ExposureCompensation to something low like -2 or -3. I didn’t have fog at that time. Then I changed a lot of stuff when trying to fix the issue. Right now I’ve got fog, ExposureCompensation is on -1 and I use the normal sky with time set to 20:00. Also the issue does not seem to be that the pc screen is brighter since I changed the brightness of my pc’s screen to something low and set the brightness on my phone to max and the pc’s screen was still brighter.

2 Likes

Try playing your game on mobile, but go into the Settings in game and see what your Automatic Graphics quality setting is at.
I’m guessing that your game is making a mobile device work harder so it’s setting the Graphics to some low number. This won’t allow some of the Lighting Properties to be rendered the same as a PC which probably can run it at a high Graphics setting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.