Game is not Publishing (Place Save Error - HTTP 404 / Server Save Failure: HTPP 500)

Hello! i wanted help about some errors i’ve been encountering while trying to publish my game’s latest update in Roblox.

image (Team Create On)
image (Team Create Off)
Those errors are the ones i keep getting while clicking on "Publish To Roblox"
The First one is when Publishing with Team Create ON
and the second one is when Publishing with Team Create OFF.

What i tried so far is to do what Roblox documents recommend to do when a place is not publishing, this: Upload Failed/Place Too Big

And also tried to Download a copy and overwrite, or publish the update with less things and less scripts in the game, but yet it didn’t work. When doing that i got the HTPP 404 error

I have looked for Solutions in the forum but none seem to be my case, because i just can’t publish it on this game.

So i have the game that is connected to other places like this:

When publishing the update in other places of the game, it did work perfectly fine as always, but it doesn’t work on the starter place, i don’t know why.
(Team Create OFF)

(Team Create ON)

I also have tried reinstalling the Studio two times, logging off and on, Waited two days, reseted the computer, but nothing was a solution for it.
What is weird is that i can revert the update to the working one and it works normal.
i tried to place the stuff on that update without much scripts on it and yet it didn’t work.
Does the game file size has to do something at the time of publishing?

These peeps had the issue but they don’t know how was it fixed
Sorry, this published place could not be loaded HTTP 404

This is the game in question that can’t get the new update published on:
[:sparkling_heart:VALENTINES] Steven Universe Future: Era 3 RP
My game is a big game indeed, has many stuff on it, and sadly i can’t delete stuff to make it less big, it has already separated maps in many places!

If anyone could help me i would be super happy, is really stressing not being able to publish updates. Thank you!

7 Likes

is still happeningggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

1 Like

the size of my game’s file is of 125mb. while on the other place that is connected to it it is 120mb and still publish. i just can publish small changes but not big changes, i don’t know what to do atp. i even deleted many stuff and optimized areas, but yet no luck.

1 Like

i tried deleting lots of stuff yet. the file doesn’t decrease the size neither publishes.

1 Like

I have the same issue right now.
P.S: Fixed by restart studio and disable vpn.

1 Like

im having this issue, it keeps delaying our progress - does anyone know a permanent fix?

Well, a 500 error means it’s a Roblox server problem. I’ve had this issue before, I’m still trying to figure out how I can replicate it every time but here’s what I did to fix it:

• Restart studio - if you can.
  • Disconnect and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Disable all VPNs on your device - even proxies.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If all else fails, clear the cache and reinstall studio.

Let me know if you’re still having trouble!

2 Likes

I figured out that if your game is bigger than 100mb (mine is 125MB that is not publishing) and your wifi is not fast, for example it has to publish 125mb in 35 secs that the studio gives you to, if it doesn’t publish in the required time, it wont publish unless you get a better wifi, a solution i used is instead of saving stuff in the game i save them in scripts and they get inserted in the server when the game is runned. that way the file size doesn’t increase and i still have the stuff i wanna add. is not a permanent but is something to go around for a while.

And also tried the solutions that Midnightific gave but they are of no help sadly! since it all depends of your wifi upload speed & how big your game file size is.

mine is 130MB, yet a previouse version which was just as big was able to publish? is this a new update as I don’t see any reason for it to work before and just suddenly cause these problems now

This seems to come up, first time I have seen it. What limit has been exceeded and how do I resolve it? I have many questions, considering the game isn’t that large!

1 Like

for what i’ve tested for almost two months trying to publish a new update for my game thats 125mb, it highly depends of your game’s file, your wi-fi upload time at the time as it is always changing. if you manage to publish it beetwen the seconds roblox gives you, it will publish. i saw other developers have games of 400MB and it publishes in the short time roblox gives to publish the game (35-40 sec) since their wifi is very good. Maybe try checking on your upload speed and try publishing the game with a wifi that has a higher upload speed. Or simply do what i did, separated a few parts of your new update in your game, save it to your inventory and then insert them via scripts and posisionate where they should go.

1 Like

still having this same problem - it just cuts in and out? sometimes it last weeks sometimes it last days or even hours?
it’s a shame roblox doesn’t seem to want to comment or suggest anything themselves as i’ve seen other posts have these issues but no engineers comment?

it can’t go on and they ignore bug report messages!! @Roblox we need your help!!!

We have the same problem with our game. Once we add new cars to our game we get this error. Removing one of the cars solves this issue. Once we add the car back the error occurs back. Removing another car resolves also the error. After checking the size of the map file it only is 126MB. Also, the internet speed of one of the devs is around 95 Mbps. So internet speed and the map size don’t seem like a problem for us. Hopefully, it’s fast-fixed.

I have this same issue except my game does not publish when I put a certain vehicle into my game. Once I remove the vehicle, it publishes… The vehicle works fine in its own studio and will publish then, but not when it is inserted into my main game. I have 95 mb upload and download speed. Not sure what can be causing this.

I use module put vehicle in game instend put vehicle in game so i use this for temp fix it