Game like Hypixel SkyBlock

Hi, i am maruiow a developer. I wanna know your thoughts on a game idea.

IDEA: So i thought that wouldnt it be cool to add a real MMORPG to roblox, a game where you get money by doing or selling stuff, getting better gear thru the game, make guilds and alliances, defeat bosses and discover different areas.

I got this idea from minecraft, in minecraft there is a server called HyPixel. In HyPixel there is a game called skyblock and the idea came from skyblock.

Of course i am not going to copy HyPixel SkyBlock, i just took the seed from it, so leave your thoughts down and thing of your own ideas for a perfect game type.

Thank you for reading.

4 Likes

Hm, it seems like a cool idea! If you manage to advertise this well, it could blow up! (if the game looks nice, and the scripts are well made) I recommend you go for a cartoonish look as that is a very easy look for the game to go for. It can also add more players, as their devices won’t lag and they can easily play it.
Don’t make it a pay to win, please, if you manage to find people to build this with you, please do not make it a pay to win. Sure you can have some kind of way to add monetization, but please do not make it excessive. This is a great start to a great game, please keep us posted!

1 Like

Hypixel Skyblock is a great game on its own. I don’t really want to see a game like it on something like Roblox. Though, you can make a game that’s basically their upcoming “Dungeons” update that might never even come out.

3 Likes

Oooo! This would be interesting.

One thing I’m worried about is that SkyBlock on Hypixel is very grindy and takes a long time to do almost everything.

I’ve seen an 11-hour live stream of the gamemode and the person playing it didn’t even finish it.
If you were going to make this game, it would almost create a “barrier” between two players: The players that only play for 30 mins. - 1 hour and get bored with it very quickly, or people who play it for tens and even hundreds of hours.
This would be very interesting to observe and would certainly gain a lot of traction towards your game.

2 Likes

I don’t really see this idea working:

• Most people play Hypixel Skyblock because they are familiar with the game Minecraft and are capable of using everything.
  • Hypixel Skyblock is not pay-to-win per se and relies mainly on ranks to support it. Long term, that isn’t effective as a marketing plan as you aren’t making most of the Robux nor selling daily.
  • Hypixel Skyblock implements many little mini servers for different locations at times, and highly differs from loading into another place back and forth.
  • Extensive amounts of content must be added to keep the player retention in the game, because the current Dungeons update has many people complaining.
  • Anticheat will be EXTENSIVE. Hypixel has worked a lot on the anticheat, and the exploiters still persist. Not to mention black markets present, scamming methods, etc. You could get banned from Hypixel and set you back 30 bucks, but Roblox accounts are free to make.
    And here are issues that you might fix but will need time:
  • Long-term, the Skyblock economy is doomed to fail because of lack of money sinks.
  • Toxicity levels in forums and ingame.
  • Classism and wealth segregation ingame.
    P.S. I have Superior Dragon Armor.
2 Likes

Haha, i have mastiff armor in Skyblock :ok_hand:

This probably won’t fit in well since it’s a Minecraft different style. But hey, it’s a good idea!

2 Likes