Game loading broken: stuck on black overlay over loading screen

So recently everytime you attempt to join a roblox game it shows a weird faded dark square around your screen, which cause the loading wheel to stop spinning and everything to freeze, this is also causing chaos all around roblox considering the discord is being spammed and everyone is saying it’s “hacked”, which obviously roblox is not hacked. It’s kind of hard to describe the issue, considering it’s very weird and odd for this to be happening, a dark faded screen on loading. There’s not much information due to the fact, there’s not much to be known about this issue considering I’ve never seen it occur to anyone, including me at all.

https://gyazo.com/ee737436e8992ac5d1362f3462a06792

19 Likes

We have a lot of inbound reports that servers are slow or players being unable to connect to the game. The cause of this dark fade screen is unknown. The problem only affects the engine upon trying to load into a game.

No technical data was found yet. I’ll ask the people about if they have any technical data to share about from their clients.

2 Likes

I can confirm this happening in the roblox client of the Windows store. The client sometimes kicks me out of the game and brings me back to the Menu.

3 Likes

Got a large influx of reports of site issues and connection issues via Discord, I’ll ask around see if I can get some more technical information!

3 Likes

Our engineers are currently looking into issues with joining games and other Roblox services. We will reply back once there are any updates. Thanks for the report!

17 Likes

This issue is now resolved.

Please feel free to file a new bug report when new issues pop up in the future.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.