What I am trying to accomplish:
Me and a friend are creating a game based off of the popular FPS “Rainbow Six Siege”. In Siege, you start off in a lobby on your own but can invite friends if you wish. I am trying to recreate this in Roblox.
My thoughts on how to invite friends:
When creating this, I ran into a problem I face a lot. What is that problem? I know the general idea on how to do something but I do not know how to physically do it. Here is what I was thinking.
- The games Starter Place is 1 person per server.
- Using Roblox’s MessagingService I can send an invite cross server to a friend, while also sending myself to a private server to allow joining.
- Then from there go onto matchmaking.
My thoughts on how to matchmake:
- Server Host clicks matchmaking button and selects game mode (currently only one).
- Somehow find a server that the game hasn’t started yet and tp the players there.
So what I need help with:
That all may be a lot but I just need to understand how I would connect this all up.