Game no longer shows up on search

Yours is the kind of lively and informative and colorful description that seems to be a problem on Roblox. I also include emojis, and dates of updates, lists of features, tips for gameplay, quotes, etc in my game’s description and that seems to be part of the problem, even though every thing on there is 100% legit, the sum of all of the special characters and emojis and numbers, seems like enough to trigger Roblox’s moderation algorithm.

Hi @Focia19,

Thank you for letting me know about this. These terms have been removed several weeks ago, which is why I’m reporting this as a bug.

UPDATE: This is the answer I’ve been looking for. I have manually changed every translation back to the english’s title and it has been fixed. It turns out the real problem was that deleting the translations didn’t actually remove the keywords. Thank you so much for letting me know that it had to be overwritten.

P.S.: I have most certainly learned my lesson about not spamming keywords.

I wish you a good day.

2 Likes

Hey also there is Issues regarding the Xbox Sponsor system, There is currently only three games on the sponsored sort when there is meant to be 20+ so this is some sort of bug and this is impacting CPC a lot and hurting many developers so please fix

Thank you very much, can you check SCP Tower Defense too? It doesn’t show up even 1000th result in “Tower Defense” searches when it used to be 5-6th spot. I understand search algorithms change and evolve, which might change spots but it doesn’t appear at all as a “Tower Defense” game.

I saw your DM on @Bug-Support, so I will take a look there at this issue, but sending it to an irrelevant thread isn’t appropriate! :slight_smile:

Hey @Mashiusam

The engineer didn’t find anything wrong with your game! Searching for the query “Tower Defense” there are many more experiences with much higher concurrent player counts. Seems like searching for “SCP Tower Defense” finds your game on top!
This will have a different outcome in the future as we are making steps towards better search results, so stay tuned! :wink:

Also, we fixed your issue @Veerius, your game should be appearing now!

2 Likes

Hi @Focia19 would you guys mind letting me know why this is happening to my game, Candy Obby as well?
I just made it public 2 days ago and now it doesn’t show up in any search results at all. I’m happy I found this thread, because I’ve been going crazy trying to figure out what I messed up. I read the previous response about the spam filter and took out the tags in my description but that didn’t seem to change anything. Thank you!

Edit: Game is showing up normally

Hey, my game Christmas Tycoon 🎄 - Roblox does not show on search when you search Christmas Tycoon, like a week ago everything was fine and game showed up normally but around three days ago game disappeared from the list of games. Now if you search “Christmas Tycoon” only 2 games show up with “Christmas” in the title, after these two the rest of the games are not related to the “Christmas” theme. What could be the reason why my game is not showing up?

Hi, my game with around 1.5k active players have also been affected by this bug ever since the game has been falsely moderated from the page.

3 Likes

Had the last 3 experiences checked and these are the results from the engineers:

1. @MouseShoulder, nothing wrong found with your game internally! If you search for “Candy Obby New” the game shows on the first line! Maybe you need some more visits for the game to show when searching “Candy Obby” (but this is just my personal oppinion, I’m not aware of how the discovery algorithm works).
  2. @Bartox000 just about to say that your experience is showing with no issues, but you figured it out yourself! :slight_smile:
  3. @BlaxorReborn sent your experience to the moderation team for a check-out! Will come back as soon as I have news!
4 Likes

Thank you for looking into this! I appreciate it!

1 Like

For 5 days game didn’t show, but now everything is fine! Anyway, thank you for looking into this, greetings!

I have the same issue, I can’t find my game on search

same problem with my game Game name is Castle tycoon game has 3.6k visits and sometimes some players are playing but its show deferent games

Game:-Castle Tycoon - Roblox
Date Of Create:-5/10/2022

2 Likes

Edit: Game doesn’t show up again

2 Likes

Same here! Need some help immediately please! @Focia19 911!
It is not ok to close this issue when it is not resolved!

2 Likes

I can see it clearly!

@Bartox000 for the Christmas Tycoon is indeed not showing, I will contact an engineer!

1 Like

Hi @Focia19, and for my game ? (post above),

Can’t find your game as well, I will have the engineer check for yours as well!

Also expanded the time on the topic close, just for you gentlemen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Focia19 Because I wanted to get some visits to my game, I was forced to take action myself. I updated my game’s description to remove and simplify the text. Only after that, did it appear.

I had previously not updated the description in the last couple of weeks. but this morning when I checked on things, I noticed I had low traffic, and did not appear in Search or Continue. After 3 hours with no resolution, I updated the description to what you see now, and about 10 minutes later, things started to return to normal. Here is what the description had been up until then:

PVP wraparound action! Outsmart, outstyle, outflank, and outrank your opponents!  Can you wear the crown?

⭐ Increase your Rank to improve Boost and Brake abilities!

RECOMMENDED: Official Strategy Guide
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/1838890
☝ NEW PLAYERS START HERE!

🚀 UPDATES
Custom Coloring rework: save 10 custom palettes!
New effects: Skeleton, Candy trail, Jack-o-lantern

🔥 FREE PRIVATE SERVERS!  Play solo or with friends to farm those delicious neon dots!

🅿️ PREMIUM Players receive these special benefits:
* Gold color
* Gold aura
* Rank +2
* Gold + 3,000
* Revive Donut +1
* Rare Emote Token +1

"This game is beautiful" -- JanJan
"This is better than regular Slither.io" -- Volcanics
"There's so much to grind for!" -- Ash
"My little cousin play this game and she has 2m coins💀💀" -- G4B3
"This is one of my favorite games I've ever played!" -- ILOVEEVEE75

I removed the authentic and genuine quotes at the bottom, and I removed the “Updates” section with the Rocket emoji which is also sus as a possible cause. I also removed the “.io” from the experience name, which may or may not be related. As mentioned, a few minutes later the game came back online in Search/Continue/Friend Activity.

Here is a picture of the traffic drop that my game suffered:

It seems like some moderation bot comes along and turns off experiences even though they are online and running fine and their description was long ago approved by the settings form. But something comes along and bans my game.

1 Like