Game no longer shows up on search

That’s great news!

I will let the engineers know about that! Thanks for the update!

1 Like

@Focia19 it is offline again right now. i have not changed the description

1 Like

When it was offline, I updated the title to add back the “.io” and now it is back online.

Hey @Focia19, we rebranded our game from Oil Warfare Tycoon to War Tycoon about a month ago.

The search results have not properly updated for our game yet.

2 Likes

Hi @Focia19,

Once again my game (Soccer Street Strikers) has suddenly jumped from the search ranking from 19th to 1,250th result for the keyword “soccer” along with many popular soccer games.

(I scrolled so far down to finally find it, and I counted 1,250 games before I find mine.)

I find it odd that after spending 100K robux on sponsors, the game is being pushed down by a sudden search ranking update despite it containing the keyword in the title (while the other ones don’t), having on average 200 concurrent players at any given time and a good rating of 71%

I would love to see it back on the top results as it once used to be.

Edit: It’s always funny to see games that stole your thumbnails with less than 15 visits score higher than your original game :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Although my game is smaller I see this exact same thing. Games with 15 visits, never updated, default thumbnail sit comfortably ahead of my game for the same keyword despite my game having vastly more favorites likes visits etc. As developers we need more transparency about what is going on with roblox’s search and the widespread reports of games with concurrent players being shadow banned from search or places well under copycat or unrelated to the keyword games…

I’m not going to invest more in sponsoring my game when its not even placing in search above far less liked, favorited, visited, and often private games in the search results. What’s the point???

3 Likes

In my case, most popular tycoon games replaced tycoons with a “Christmas” theme including mine game ofc. I think if players are searching for “Christmas Theme Tycoon” they don’t want to play some
“mEgA GiGa mAnsIon tyC00n”, there isn’t even Christmas in title. I know these games are making more money than my, and its more worth it for roblox to put some games with 10k players than my with 10 players. But I still think it’s not fair when a player is searching for Christmas tycoons and gets something like that.
After:

Before:

1 Like

edit: this has been resolved, thanks Focia19!

Hi @Focia19, can you check out our game as well? Ragdoll Clicker - Roblox

The game went public 1 month ago and has 500-1.5k concurrent users but still doesn’t show up in any searches. Based on what I read in some other threads I removed the “Tags:” section in our description and the “[SALE]” tag in our title. Does that affect our ability to be searchable?

Thank you!

I have to add “[” to find my game ;-;

I found your game, just add “[” to find it ;-;

@Focia19

same

1 Like

Very interesting, good find! Must have to do with the fact that we used to have stuff like “[SALE]” in our titles. My guess is Roblox updated their search functionality and this was an unintended side effect.

Hopefully now that we’ve removed the "[]"s in our title we’ll be searchable without the “[” before the search term. Thanks!

1 Like

Could you possibly look into this please? I suspect my game has some metadata bugs or something because my experience’s Recommended Games Tab is still showing popular default games completely unrelated to mine. I checked similar hangout games from other countries like Thailand or Philippines, and they usually have games related to their country/language show up. It’s been about a month since I launched my Vietnamese game and my player’s report they still have trouble finding my game by searching. I don’t know if I’m shadow banned or meta tags aren’t registering, but looking at the recommended tab seems to prove something is wrong. The website is treating my game like it’s a new place with zero meta data/ description/ name. My guess is there is no meta tag for Vietnam/Vietnamese language/country like other countries seem to have due to the word Vietnam being associated with war games. It is beyond dehumanizing if that is the case.

1 Like

You know, it is something very common for any system to have errors in different cases, therefore if you know programming you will know that there are systems that are a bit primitive, therefore it creates the error.
what if you change the name that has many synonyms

This is super interesting, today my game would rank 1,250th on the keyword “soccer” whereas it used to rank 19th. But when you add “!” before “soccer”, it ranks 23rd. Results vary depending on the symbol, though I don’t know what they mean for the algorithm.

Me too mine doesn’t show up even though it has 9,000 people
A lot of players are asking me whether the game has even been released because they can’t find it
The link is YouTube Simulator Z - Roblox

1 Like

Hey @Focia19,

Can you look into our game Cinema Tycoon. It’s the most popular game with that title but when you search for it, it’s all the way down on the list:

This issue occurred a few days ago and resulted in our game going from 2.7K down to 700 concurrent players.

1 Like

@Focia19 my game is shadow banned at this time. Your help is greatly appreciated. It does not appear in search, continue, or friend activity.

Usually I have 300+ concurrent users. Right now I have 12 because nobody can find my game. This morning some changes were made in the Translations table to remove a whole bunch of invalid entries. Does that have anything to do with it?

Same, our players count never increases (always 100-150) because nobody can find our game. (need to search !Pet Rift) and that very sad for us beacause our game can get 1k players easily…

1 Like

Same here, actually its 3rd time when game disappeard from search. This happens every few days.

1 Like