Game not appearing on Top Rated unless signed in. Hidden from search engine crawlers (Shadowbanned?)

My game, Vesteria is currently ranked #3 on “Top Rated”, but whenever I view the Top Rated sort from a browser that is not logged in, the game is not visible on the sort at all. In fact, it is the only game that is missing.

Logged in:

Guest:

Why is this happening?

update:

4 Likes

I’d assume it is because the game is paid access and a non-signed in user won’t have Robux?

1 Like

Heros Online and Welcome to Bloxburg are both paid access.

3 Likes

Hmm odd. Could be something to do with your game settings but I’m not sure.

I can vouch that it is not visible from a non logged in browser for me too and that other paid access games are visible

In fact, they have a play button when I’m not logged in rather than the Robux button

1 Like

Looking a bit further down the line, it seems Emergency Response: Liberty County, Billionaire Simulator and Innovation Arctic Base are also missing, but i can’t seem to find any link between the games

Perhaps attempting at making better first impression in roblox’s games choices possible once you register,

Definitively possible as i’d consider Vesteria as a negative one, Roblox is known to be a free to play, and Seeing the best games (top rated category) filled with games you have to pay real money is already making doubts if roblox is really free or not,

Specifically because of the large sum Vesteria’s access is, roughly 10$.
(and when new players knows there is no other way to gain robux directly, it ain’t feelin good)

1 Like

The paid access argument would work if billionare sim wasn’t hidden though. It seems a bit irregular (as for gamepasses, other games such as Zombie Rush have quite a few)

Edit: Innovation Arctic Base is also hidden, no paid access or gamepasses

2 Likes

Could it possibly be the Chrome browser, and it simply doesn’t affect other browsers?

It’s not likely, but it is possible that it could be because of the specific browser.

I don’t think so, because when I check the “Top Rated” games on a different browser that is logged off, I can see the game disappeared. The problem could be the website itself.

Yeah, another theory could be that it’s another one of the times that games randomly disappear off the front page and come back shortly after. It may simply fix itself in a day or two.

1 Like

Didn’t they say not too long ago that the game’s page will show games popular in your age bracket (Like if you have an >13 account, then you will see games popular with other >13 users), I’m not too familiar with the age demographic of Vesteria, but I would guess that it might have a 13+ demographic since it’s paid access, and because you’re logged out, I’m presuming the default age bracket for the game page when not logged in is >13.

1 Like

The popular sort sorts by your age bracket now. The top rated sort is still the top rated games.

3 Likes

Vesteria is not available on mobile yet

2 Likes

I suppose, while it still needs to be fixed, does it make too much of a difference as players who are not logged in, can’t pay to play the game anyway?

One of the biggest determinants of how highly a web page is ranked in Google searches is what other web pages reference that page.

Being referenced on an extremely high-traffic page like the Roblox games page boosts the ranking of your page significantly.

Google’s crawlers don’t have Roblox accounts, so they won’t see my game on Top Rated and my game’s search visibility will suffer as a result.

8 Likes

A response to this would be appreciated. Vesteria is currently the number one top rated game on Roblox but it is not getting any search engine visibility because anyone who is not logged in doesn’t see it on the front page.

2 Likes