Game not showing up in search results

I apologize if this post is redundant. I know this topic gets brought up periodically though I wasn’t able to find any very recent posts about it so that’s why I’m making a new one.

Basically, I’m having the age old issue of my game not being there at all when I search for it. I turned it public yesterday after a few months of development, and when searching for it’s exact name it doesn’t seem to be in the list whatsoever. I scrolled down for a good 5 minutes and never found it, which leads me to believe that it’s just literally not there at all right now.

I’m curious if there’s a chance that other people may actually see it when they search it’s name, and maybe the issue is just on my end? Also, perhaps there’s some problem with my description that I’m unaware of? I saw people talk about their descriptions causing indexing issues in the past and I made a couple changes myself but to no avail.

Thank you!

1 Like

Perhaps the theme is too popular or your game didn’t get enough recognition yet. It could also just be a Roblox issue with publishing or with the search engine.
Just attempted to search your game, didn’t find anything at all unfortunately. I suggest you wait a bit, then check again, maybe the issue will fix itself (good ending).

3 Likes

hopefully! Thank you for checking

2 Likes

Really cute game! It’s probably just the algorithm. Imo Roblox’s game search is kinda borked esp when it comes to even “exact” searches.

1 Like

thank you!! And yeah, that’s what I was thinking it might unfortunately be. Hopefully it’ll sort itself out in a few days

1 Like

I want to give an update on this and ask another question -

I emailed Roblox support and after explaining to them that my game 100% isn’t there when searching for it, they told me that that’s intended and flat out said “only popular experiences will be in search results”.

Is this true? How are you meant to get players lol. I planned to promote it on tiktok but how will people access the game? You can’t put a link in the tiktok description. This is genuinely bizarre to me lol.

Do you think it’d make it permanently searchable if i put a few dollars into ads for it?

1 Like

not all users can see ads. under 13 users cannot see ads and and 13+ can.

2 Likes

Have you tried advertising your game by any chance?

I haven’t yet but I most likely will sometime soon