Game not starting in portrait mode (Despite ScreenOrientation set to Portrait)

I’m prototyping a game, here:

In the StarterGui I have the ScreenOrientation set to Portrait, but when I connect to the game on my phone it is in landscape. Additionally, if I set it to Sensor it still cannot be taken out of landscape.

Am I doing something wrong?

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I’m setting it in a script for now in ReplicatedFirst.

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried that in a localscript in ReplicatedFirst:

game:GetService("StarterGui").ScreenOrientation = Enum.ScreenOrientation.Portrait

However, this doesn’t seem to have any effect on my mobile device.

[Edit]
Ah, nevermind. I needed to set the individual player’s ScreenOrientation via PlayerGui, that fixes it! Thanks @wravager

2 Likes

This bug still exists and it seems like manually setting the orientation doesn’t work.

1 Like

I’ve tried manually setting it in ReplicatedFirst, and it immediately reverts back to landscape…

Does anyone have a fix for this? I think this may be a problem only ROBLOX can fix.

I’m also experiencing this. I’ve had my fair share of bugs using the mobile app. I’m on an iPhone X with the latest version. Whenever I play a game, it starts in portrait mode. It waits for the game to load, then switches. I’m not sure if this is a bug, or something.