Game of the Week

I think a game of the week in something like Announcements or Community sections would be a great way to showcase lesser-known games to the public. It could also serve as a launching pad for games that don’t get enough traffic or funds to launch ads. Think of it as a mini-Bloxys. (Bloxies?)

10 Likes

I have to disagree with this.

Many people would take this as Roblox endorsement and use it as leverage for anything inappropriate if they are that type of person. This could also put the same games in a lot of danger as not everyone thinks about anti-exploit measures and have their games ruined.

12 Likes

This is also a developer forum, announcing games of the week won’t attract the right audience (developers), but may attract an audience the dev forum isn’t meant to (players). This isn’t a player forum.

23 Likes

I also don’t think this would be a good idea. Many people would find a way to abuse it.

4 Likes

This would have been a “Game of the Week” grinding platform if this existed. Highly disagree with this since this might cause a lot of toxicity, people coming here just for the sake of a “Prize” and self promotion everywhere.

Kioske, felmyst and incapaz stated completely valid points

5 Likes

If game visibility is the problem, then developers should look into resources that can potentially help them improve it, like this and this and this and this. Focus on the solutions, not the problem.

1 Like