[Game Progress] Adventuralist

Hello fellow devs!

@dragonfrosting and I are making a game called Adventuralist!

I don’t want to spend too much time explaining what the game is yet, but I’d rather leave you with a synopsis. Adventuralist is a Medieval rp, where the player is able to freely roam and create his own story! This was inspired by the game, Fable, and the urge to push for even more imagination (yes there will be sword-clashing, shield bashing, and arrow launching madness)!

Here’s a building preview of the game:

We’ll continue to push out updates and post them here, in this category!
Feel free to comment anything in regards to constructive criticism, recommendations, or honest opinions!

Blox on,
ManualReload

11 Likes

I love the art style here. Not sure what it reminds me of, but it’s really nice.

Also, I actually used the same source you did for a tower in my game. I immediately recognised it, lol. Seriously though, neat buildings.

Source image

3 Likes

LOL I’VE BEEN CAUGHT! It’s a good thing I never claimed originality : )

3 Likes

Will the plot be adaptive or static?
What’s the combat going to look like?
What is the plot?
Who’s scripting?
Is it single player?

Sorry for all the questions, the game peaks my interest and has a lot of potential.
Neat builds so far!

1 Like

I love your curiosity!

• The game will be Adaptive, we want players to choose how they want to play the game, without end.
  • The combat system will have custom animations depending on the weapon you use, and you will be able to “learn” or buy certain “stances” to change your fighting style (not very detailed, but we have it all planned out even further)
  • Suffice to say, there isn’t a plot, the player will be able to do whatever he/she wants to do. You will however start from the bottom, without a classification. This isn’t an “MMO,” per say, but players can choose how to live their life as if they were back in the 1300s.
  • @dragonfrosting is scripting
  • We wanted to push the necessity of interacting with other people and being sociable, therefore this game will be multiplayer
4 Likes

Here are the taverns we built last night! You can easily see the differences in style - while both are intended to be cartoony, Manuals’ appears more bright and whimsical whereas mine’s is sleeker and a bit on the dark side. We keep rendering our builds in my cinematic place because we like the lighting so much.

1 Like

These are super cool. This is great inspiration for my own medieval builds, keep it up! :grinning:

1 Like