Game progress GONE

I’ve been making a game with someone and he accidentally ruined it by ungrouping a dummy and everything else was scaled and some deleted and it was just a complete mess. The worst part he couldn’t undo it. The game is fine when you play it cause I used an older version but the studio is just a baseplate. Is there any way to edit the game with the same state as the public game? (if that makes sense) I lost so much progress and I don’t know what to do.

1 Like

If you go on the Roblox website and find your game. Press on “Configure Start Place”. You then should see a option “Version History”. There you can select the version of the game you want back.

2 Likes

I did that and that’s why the public game is normal, although the game is still a baseplate. Maybe I didn’t do it but I’ll try again, I’ll update you if it works or not.

1 Like

So when selecting a version it will save but you have to go to studio to publish it, the game is just a baseplate so if I publish it then the game will just be a baseplate. I’m worried if I do that and select a version after and it won’t appear in studio; being stuck with the baseplate forever.

1 Like

try checking your file auto saves, sometimes roblox studio is saved to a file on your computer,

it may not always save here but its worth at least checking.

1 Like