Game Quest Challenge 2021 - Rules & Guidelines

Where does it say “The story of this adventure is up to you, surprise us!”? I can’t find it. But I’m sure this is a gimmick with the theme.
And as stated before:

If you thought Mini Challenge meant a full game I don’t know what to tell you.

but why would they make a challenge that only requires certain skills? what if you only had a builder, scripter, and gui artist? now that wouldnt be fair for the challenge. the whole point is to work together, afterall, and this quest can be completed by one person.

That’s probably just a gimmick with the theme.

My theory is each mini quest will focus on a different skillset and the final challenge will combine them.

Hey Developers,

I wanted to clarify some doubts, for the first mini challenge it is only required the submission of a model (including textures). No animation or scripting is required. File must be. rbxmx or .rbxm attached into a .zip folder

The evaluations are based on this criteria:

Good luck and enjoy the Act-1 mini-challenge!

13 Likes

Is this just a model of the legendary weapon itself? or the weapon along with a map of where it was found/forged/etc. Thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying this, we got a bit confused initially until we noticed the RBXM requirement.

Currently our team is working on something pretty outside the box, so good to hear it doesn’t need to be coded or anything

Question: will there be any mini challenges involving code :eyes:

2 Likes

You need to create only the legendary weapon. We trust in your skills mighty Developers!

8 Likes

So if i’m correct that means we don’t need to have scripts in our weapon? Meaning it’s just solely based on the build quality/appearance

3 Likes

Would it hold the evaluation back if our team submitted a whole adventure on getting the legendary weapon? Should we add a way to skip the adventure and get straight to the weapon?

Since our team is mostly done with the whole adventure we had planned, It’d be a waste to go back and submit just the weapon :grin:

It seems pretty unfair for them to judge an entire adventure for your team meanwhile everyone else was told to just submit a weapon without scripts or animations.

2 Likes

What the Model of 1st Place Winner prize ‘‘IdeaPad 14 Laptop Computer’’?Laptop

1 Like

They didn’t say not to animate or script the weapon, just that it isn’t necessarily needed to be a valid submission.

A lot of people had misunderstood the initial set of instructions as “Create an adventure to obtain Legendary Weapon” instead of just making a single model so there are many teams with near-complete game experiences which feels like a waste if they don’t get a chance to shine.

Asking never hurts :grin:

2 Likes

Is there something that all of us need to submit or only one member submits, cause I thought there was a forum thing we all had to do and then one member would submit, but is it only submitting the work and only one member does it?

Only one member of the team submits the form, it can be found here: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/6256128/Game-Quest-Challenge-March-2021

Good luck everyone!
I’ll love to see what turns out :eyes:

We finished the weapon before 4pm but we didn’t know how to export it as RBXM and we didn’t submit in time. Can anyone explain to me how do export stuff as RBXM?

Download the game by clicking “Save as file” in the File dropdown menu (located top left).

That’s not a RBXM, it’s a RBXL