We are very excited to announce that we will be hosting our first Game Jam of 2021! But this Game Jam has an exciting twist - it’s not a Game Jam, it’s a Game Quest!
The Game Quest Challenge will last 4 weeks and will have 3 Mini Challenges accompanied by a Main Challenge at the end. It will be active simultaneously for both the English and Spanish developer communities so, as a result, you may notice developers from both communities working on this challenge!
However, there will be independent winners from each community, and every member from the winning teams will receive the prizes individually. Challenge prizes are listed below along with the rules, dates, and submission criteria.
Mini Quest Challenges
All Mini Quest challenges will include $25 - $45 Roblox Gift cards as prizes for each member of the team. There will also be one final winner of a $55 Roblox Gift Card.
Note: For the Final Winner you must have participated in all Mini Challenges.
Main Quest Challenge
Prizes for the main quest challenge will be announced on April 3rd alongside the challenge.
If a winning team in the Main Challenge is composed of both English and Spanish speakers a bonus prize will be given. Let’s all make new friends from both communities!
Note: Prizes may vary depending on region and availability.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the epic prizes you’ll be competing for!
Game Quest Challenge Rules
Review FULL list of Rules
- The Game Quest Challenge will last 4 weeks. There will be 3 Mini Challenges accompanied by a Main Challenge at the end.
- Depending on your community, your game must support either English and/or Spanish language.
- Each team must consist of 3 participants. The teams can be made of participants from both communities (English and Spanish).
- When submitting your project you need to mention to which community your team belongs to; you still need to pick ONE community even if you have members from both communities.
- Your game must be created during the event window. You cannot start developing before the theme announcement or continue after the Game Quest Challenge (please do not update the game/place until the winners are announced). The theme and instructions will only be announced at the beginning of the event.
- External resources can be used for the final challenge as long as they are all listed on the project submission form and you have the right to use them.
- Deliveries must be created entirely from the disclosure of the respective challenges. Do not start development before the challenge is announced.
- There will be one winning team for each Mini Challenge; and a Final Mini Quest Winner, for a team that consistently showed effort and skill in all three mini challenges.
- In addition to the Mini Challenge winners, there will be 3 winning teams for the Main Quest Challenge: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on the evaluation criteria.
Review submission requirements
- You may only submit ONCE to either the English or Spanish communities.
- Mini Challenge 1 need to be submitted as a ZIP file containing .rbxm files
- Mini Challenge 2, 3 and the Main Challenge must be submitted as a link to a public Roblox game
Review judgement criteria
Submissions will be judged accordingly with 3 main categories in mind:
- Theme - Uses the theme provided
- Creativity - How unique and creative the overall experience is, try thinking outside the box!
- Design - This includes a variety of design elements!
Additionally, for each mini challenge and the main challenge, we will be judging on additional factors; these will be announced along with the challenge details.
Attention! All times are marked in PDT!
Note: A new quest will be released each Saturday, starting on April 3rd with the winners being announced each following Friday.
The winners of the Mini Challenges will be chosen by Roblox staff, but the winners for the Main Challenge will be chosen by staff AND the community. Stay tuned for polls!
In order to find teammates, you are free to use this Matchmaking Thread!
Stay on top of all challenge updates in the Developer Forum through the Community category.
More information on the theme of the Mini Challenges and the Main Challenge will be delivered at the start of the event.
See you soon!
Developer Engagement Team