Game Quest Challenge - Main Quest [Extended]

Well darn, final projects for college has had me slacking on Roblox, first I’ve heard.

1 Like

These next few weeks are finals weeks for colleges. I think more people would have been able to participate if it was held over the summer.

7 Likes

They also ran this during the Metaverse Champions event, which is definitely what kept me and some friends from competing further as the weeks of our games overlapped with the contest :sweat:. No doubt it affected some others too

Regardless, this is a very neat opportunity and I don’t doubt they’re going to do another during the summer… maybe even before

Just a side note but Roblox is a global platform – it’s always “finals week” somewhere in the world. :slightly_smiling_face:

A perfect time for any opportunity does not exist. There’s always the next one.

4 Likes

I didn’t join the quest. But can I still get the virtual prize?

3 Likes

Why would you get a virtual trophy for doing nothing?

2 Likes

Yeah, of course. However, I guarantee you there are way more people taking finals around this time compared to the middle of summer.

2 Likes

Thanks to those who participated in the Game Quest Challenge, we understand it was a long ride and that this challenge was especially difficult due to its short time to work on each Mini-challenge and the Main challenge. We have heard your feedback, and we want to be as fair and understanding as possible, our objective is for everyone to always have fun and to promote a healthy evolution of your developer skills.

For this reason, we would like to give the opportunity of extending the Main Challenge and allow those developers that participated to improve and polish their games, and those that were not able to participate, will have a second chance to showcase their work. In this case, all the developers who completed at least two mini challenges will be allowed to participate and present a full game that complies with the original rules. Game Quest Challenge 2021 - Rules & Guidelines

The extension for the deadline of the challenge will begin Friday, April 30 at 11 AM PDT and end Friday, May 7 at 11 AM PDT, a full week to participate and create the game that you envisioned!

Please submit your updated game here: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/6317434/Game-Quest-Main-Challenge-Extension

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to @Moxyll or @DevEngagementTeam if you have any concerns or questions.

26 Likes

Thank you so much! I have so many major tests that it’s really hard to devote time on Mondays and perhaps this is exactly what my team needs for encouragement.

4 Likes

I feel a little odd about this. I thought this was meant to be a gamejam for developers push their limits with the limited 50 hours given to create the best work they can.

With the extension this has now turned into a 218 Hour jam. Considering the whole event’s timeline was planned out weeks ahead, it feels a little unfair for those who did participate already as they might have made themselves other plans after this event and now have to adjust possibly to an additional 168 hours that new participants can put into their submissions.

Oh well I’ll go use this additional time to refine my submission :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Does this mean the date for when the winners will be announced will be delayed?

1 Like

This completely depends on how many submissions we receive; however, we will try and keep the timeline as consistent as possible. It will be 3-4 weeks after the new closing date, which is Friday, May 7, 2021. Apologies for any confusion!

5 Likes

Am I being stupid or is there a chance to join if you didn’t do the mini challenges or like me have just found out about them. Any help is appreciated. Sorry if I am being stupid.

1 Like

Yeah, you have to have participated in two Mini Quests prior to this.

1 Like

So how do I do the mini challenges or can I not do them at all? @Moxyll

They all ended weeks ago. Please read the Game Quest posts thoroughly before questioning.

So no, you can’t do them anymore.

1 Like

What a bummer! My team only saw this 4 days after it’s been announced.
We thought we had a good submission for a 2-day game jam. Now we are 4 days behind some of the other teams. This might cost us (and other teams) our place in the competition.

Why was this crucial update not listed on the original updates thread?
The game quest being separated into 3 different threads made it difficult to follow information.

On top of that, this crucial announcement is hidden under dozens of replies.

9 Likes

Hi all! As a friendly reminder, there is one hour left until submissions close! Good luck, and keep up the good work!

:crossed_swords:

8 Likes

How lenient are we on late bug fixes? Just found a bug in our game, although it isn’t anything game breaking.

I think its quite strict since they mentioned even changing the description might lead to disqualification. I found bunch of bugs too :anguished:

1 Like