Game - Scripting Master

Hey developers! :smile:

Our small but handy team of three players ( me, @Fittergem1000 and @CuboidalBrake06 ) would like to introduce you to a new and educational game on the roblox platform.

For now the game is called Scripting Master ( but later the name of the game may change either a bit or the whole name, but we will discuss it with the whole team ).

What exactly will this game be about:

The game will force the player to learn how to script easily and more easily than looking for any tutorials and searching websites.

Some of the best features will be scripting your own script just in game ( kind of like a mini game ) then maybe fixing scripts to a working script and many other thingsā€¦
You will be able to find these features at the end of the lesson ( like a final exam )

The lessons will be divided into:

1. Easy lessons = learning all the basic functions in scripting like local, function and moreā€¦

2. Intermediate lessons = More advanced part of scripting, the player will have to use functions that were in the easy lessons and at the end of the lesson he will do more advanced scripts ( he will have to use also local function and othersā€¦ )

3. Hard lessons = Hard scripting ( creating a whole script which may have over 50 lines etcā€¦ )

How will the player choose the lessons?

Our idea is that the player will have over five cards on the screen that will be side down, next the player will click on any card of his choice and see what he has chosen.

But if we donā€™t make it to the beta release, the game itself will choose for them.

When should the game release?

We have it scheduled for release on the 1st of August so I fully hope we can get it right on time. :laughing:

( Everything I have listed here is not all the features the game will have in the beta release, it will have 100% more features )

What are some of the things we plan to add?

Battle pass = the player will get a certain number of xp for completing one lesson ( probably depends on the difficulty of the lesson ) which will be added to their battle pass, there will be rewards like money and more.

More options with money = with money you will be able to buy premium lessons for now, and access to a discord where scripting will be taught without fees, there will be free scripts on request etcā€¦ but in the future we would like to add more options with money.

And the biggest one is Making your own minigames in game = you will create and code your own minigame ( but you will have to go through all the easy lessons and maybe even the medium ones ) Then you will be able to publish it and get ratings from other players, at the end of the month the most popular and most liked game will be chosen and will get a reward of some money in our game and in non-game currency robux.

Other stuff will be released on a discord Iā€™m preparing. ( link will be here later )

You can write your own opinion about this game, other ideas to add or just any questions, thank you!

( More things will be added by our whole team in reply or just edit this post ).

18 Likes

sounds interesting, this post is so perfectly timed to come out right after the ā€œmake scripting easierā€ post XD

(although this sounds similar to those "Lua school"s that you could see from like 2017, iā€™ve never actually joined any of them since they costed robux, but they sound like similar ideas)

7 Likes

What a timing! :joy:

I know there are others game in roblox but we are trying to make it different and more fun for beginners, but thanks for the reply!

5 Likes

Havnā€™t played any of those games (since they died out before I ever got robux), so I was just wondering wether this is a completely new idea or an old idea with additions

6 Likes

This sounds great! A lot of players donā€™t even know scripting exists. This could spark careers, great game idea canā€™t wait to see it!

5 Likes

I will definitely be checking this out, sounds fun!

4 Likes

Completely new idea. Also it will be free game and as you can see with some features :smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply! We are glad that you like our idea, we will also be grateful for your response to the beta version! Thank you!

5 Likes

Code Crunch

There are plenty of learning tools already, such as codekingdoms, which directly talk to roblox studio to help you learn, and some games on roblox which act as the devforum or a learning game.

If youā€™re making another one, remember to give it personality and not to simply things too much. How are you going to confirm users learned something? Will you test them, or just ask them if they understand?

Interesting idea. Might need to call it something else so it doesnā€™t sound too childish or game-like, but itā€™s still neat. What would be on the pass though? If itā€™s too educational based, such as only getting awarded books or more lessons, it could get boring. What will be on there that makes learning fun?

Will this use block coding, or actual scripts? If it uses actual scripts, you have to be worried about the user escaping your sandbox. Additionally, you canā€™t use loadstring, so you would have to use a third party module to compile Lua for you. This may not include type checking, and other methods that may not have existed when it was made. This could hinder the userā€™s learning experience if they try to go above and beyond.

Hopefully, you or your team get around to making a great game! We could always use more scripters.

Please move this to #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback, I donā€™t want to write this over again!

4 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely try it and get my younger brothers to try it as I think it might be fun for them.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply! We are glad that you will be checking this out! Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey man! This sounds like a brilliant idea to me. I was looking if I could lend any help in making this game with you guys. Good luck from my side for your game. You may reply back to this message if you want me to work with you.

2 Likes

A wonderful name idea. I will put that on our list.

While this is true, I believe that ours has a much different take on the concept that most of the ā€œLua learningā€ type games use.

The point is to attract younger developers as well, not just older players. Making this a ā€œgame-likeā€ experience is what we are attempting to accomplish. That being said, I would say the name is unfitting for the type of game that is being made. We will put our heads together and come up with an updated and more fitting name.

Currently, I am unsure what will be put on this ā€œbattle passā€ system. That is not really ā€œmy partā€ of the development. I will likely be in charge of making it work, however, I have not yet been informed of the functionality of it.

Actual scripts are the plan. Using services that I am completely unsure how to use, we will figure out a unique way to make this work.

This is my question to you: What do you mean by escaping our sandbox?

Overall, we plan to make this game as fun and engaging as possible, while also maintaining an educational aspect of the game. Hope this answers most of your questions!

I forgot about the second paragraph of your response and I donā€™t feel like quoting it (lol) so I will answer it here: Using actual scripts, we will test if their script worked or not. Not sure exactly how that will be implemented, however, it will be in the game!

2 Likes

If the player can write their own scripts ingame, they would be able to write exploits without injecting. Youā€™d need to be able to restrict access to particular variables. Once you find a way to execute the userā€™s code with a loadstring module, you can have it error when a value has been assigned to a blocked method or service (such as PlayerGui, ReplicatedStorage remotes, etc).

3 Likes

Thanks for clarification. Makes much more sense. We will be sure to include this in the final game.

2 Likes

We would love to grow our team. Contact our team lead on Discord @the.blazanter for more info on whether or not we need more help.

Thanks for offering to help and they should get back to you soon!

2 Likes

Sounds awesome, Iā€™ll probably play it when it releases. We need more games like this anyways, Lua Learning is fun and all but getting a little old.

4 Likes

I hope it will help me I waiting for it

4 Likes

Is the game al lounced I will play them

2 Likes