Game Server Crashing (Error Connection 277)

Hello, recently my game servers have been crashing entirely saying to “Please check your internet connection and try again. (Error Code: 277)” This happens to everyone in the server, not just me, which is odd.

I’ve already read posts about this on the forum, and none of them have been helpful. All I know is this happens at random times while the server is up. It is most likely a Server Script because all players are disconnected from the game.

How can I fix this problem?

1 Like

I think that could be a backdoor check if you haven’t used any sketchy free models. If that isn’t the problem check on console to see if there is any remote events being spammed(hackers will do this to crash server) then maybe you could make it harder to spam remote events by grabbing their name and destroying them on a server side script so its hard to exploit it.

Thanks for this. I already checked for back doors and stuff like that.

Exploiters aren’t in the question right now because the game is in testing, meaning that only a select group of people can join.

That could be roblox issues/bug, if so soon enough it will get fixed. But if that really isn’t the case than its definitely a exploiter

This is a pretty typical message you get when the server reaches maximum memory usage (depending on max player count this is typically 6.25GB). You might want to check on your server memory usage in the developer menu while in game. Does the server last for a while?

Lots of people are actually experiencing this issue, including me. This is not a bug or issue with your game, i see this as an issue and problem on Roblox’s end. They probably know about this and are working to push out a fix for this anytime soon.

I have resolved the issue.

Issue: I was spamming task.spawn(), which was called inside of a loop triggered whenever a player were to hit another player.
This was creating at least 50+ threads at the same time. No wonder the game was crashing.

I hope anybody else with this issue finds this helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.