Game Suddenly Not Functioning Properly

Hello,

This is my first time posting on the devforum, so if the category is incorrect or if I’m asking questions in the wrong way, please let me know.
Also, I apologize as I’m a Japanese speaker and my English may be difficult to read.

______ Situation ______

Today, when I checked my game for any abnormalities after joining, a black screen appeared, and I couldn’t play. (Normally, a black screen briefly appears, followed by a loading screen, allowing gameplay.)
After leaving the black screen for about 5~10 seconds, it disappeared, and I could play.
However, there were some unnatural points:

1. Immediately after the black screen disappeared, all other players spawned at the same time as me, so everyone had a black screen, and the timing of it disappearing was almost the same.

2. While playing the game, the 277 error occurs quite frequently, leading to disconnections.

3. Some players have a black screen that never disappears.

The above issues don’t happen every time, but they occur with a high probability.
Several people in the group have reported similar problems.
The last update to the game was on January 10th, and no such issues were observed until then.

______ Details ______
I am using a ModuleScript called ProfileService to easily control DataStore: ProfileService on devforum.

The black screen itself is programmed by me to display until the player’s data stored in ProfileService is received from the server.
Checking the server console, I found that the function to receive data from ProfileService takes longer than usual.

While a warning is printed if data retrieval takes more than 10 seconds, even if the data retrieval is completed after 10 seconds, it is not sent to the player.
This might be causing the black screen not to disappear.

______ Things I checked ______

1. It worked fine in Studio.
2. Ping is normal at 40ms.
3. Performance State’s Received (network received) fluctuates between 100kb and 50kb. It is unstable, unlike the usual 40kb. I’m thinking this could be the cause of the 277 error?
4. Other games using ProfileService are functioning normally.

I believe the extended execution time of the ProfileService data retrieval function is the cause, but since the black screen used to disappear in 1-2 seconds, I can’t figure out why it suddenly became problematic.
Also, I still don’t understand the cause of the 277 error.

If anyone has any information, I would appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

The game: Secret Staycation

As a result of rebuilding the database-related system from scratch, I was able to fix the bug causing a black screen.
The root cause was identified as a session lock on the database triggered by a 277 error, which occurred immediately after a forced exit and attempting to rejoin the game promptly.
This was due to a mechanism in the ProfileService function, designed to prevent immediate access to data from other servers after a player exits for data protection purposes.

Consequently, it was determined that the fundamental cause was entirely related to the 277 error. The server’s “Compute efficiency” is maintaining an average of 135%, and the “Server memory usage” is also significantly optimized at 0.57 GB.
Since the 277 error is occurring simultaneously for all players on the server, it appears that the server itself is crashing.
The memory usage just before the crash is within normal limits.

Any information, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.