Game title and description left in inconsistent changing state

There is a bug where the title and description of a place are different on different webpages.

This is what Adopt Me’s title and description looks like to our players:

However, when I try to edit this description, this is what I see (note that this was the title and description from last week that we’ve since replaced):

As you can see they’re different, and when I change a setting such as the Max Player Count and hit save, it reverts our title and description to the previous one.

3 Likes

I think it might have something to do with group games—this happened to me once however it hasn’t happened again.

2 Likes

I believe you’re editing the place rather than the game because it shows the new title when joining your game.

3 Likes

Is your game translated by any chance? If it is, make sure that the translator updated the title.

2 Likes

It appears that the Game title is correct, and the Place title is not, even though I used the Configure Place option.

Also Games don’t have descriptions, but the inconsistency shows up for descriptions too

2 Likes

It is translated, but neither of the two inconsistent titles/descriptions show translated text. We haven’t modified our translated title/description in around 5 months

2 Likes

This happened to me in the past hour. I am not sure how this has happened. All I know is that my game is in a group.

1 Like

@NewFissy it seems like the issue you described was caused by updates partially succeeding and partially failing. Like, strings were updated but not max player count. We made a change that should handle this particular case. Could you please me know, if you still have this problem?

Im still having this problem and this post is 2 years old.