Game titles that span five lines cause creator name to be unclickable

Page URL: Gamename under playbutton bug examplegame place - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Very Rare

Reproduction Steps:
Creating a place with a name that causes the title of the game to appear on five seperate lines can cause the creator a game’s username to become unclickable.

It’s easiest to do this with alternating length words or five long words, like " Cage Mesh Deformer - Layered Clothing Example - Roblox" or Gamename under playbutton bug examplegame place - Roblox

I can reproduce this this bug with the following device info on my 1920x1080 monitor:

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.93 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior:
I’d expect all of the game specific buttons like play button, ratings and favoriting status to be moved downwards to account for the title being readable and clickable, as clicking a game’s creator is important right now as groups and usernames can appear identically, and be used as a method of scamming.

Actual Behavior:
The name of the creator isn’t clickable.

Workaround:
Resizing the window to be horizontally thin enough that it expands the play button and puts the creator’s name on another line causes it to be clickable.

11 Likes

A bug report describing exactly the same issue can be found below.

The bug has been irritating me for a long time, and I hope that the creation of more topics will bring greater attention to this issue. In some instances, the creator’s name can actually go below the play button.

4 Likes

This issue has been filed already, please see the centralized bug thread here: Lengthy Place Names Interrupt UI

2 Likes