Game trailer advertising

My idea is to have a separate advertising section where you can advertise your game’s trailer/teaser video that you upload to your game page. The volume will be muted by default, I’d imagine make it cost more than regular ads to advertise the video.
B)

1 Like

[quote] My idea is to have a separate advertising section where you can advertise your game’s trailer/teaser video that you upload to your game page. The volume will be muted by default, I’d imagine make it cost more than regular ads to advertise the video.
B) [/quote]
As a user who likes to look at ads but prefers to listen to music as I forum, no thanks.

[quote] My idea is to have a separate advertising section where you can advertise your game’s trailer/teaser video that you upload to your game page. The volume will be muted by default, I’d imagine make it cost more than regular ads to advertise the video.
B) [/quote]
As a user who likes to look at ads but prefers to listen to music as I forum, no thanks.[/quote]

It will be muted by default as I already posted?

[quote] [quote=“matt1020304050” post=206622]My idea is to have a separate advertising section where you can advertise your game’s trailer/teaser video that you upload to your game page. The volume will be muted by default, I’d imagine make it cost more than regular ads to advertise the video.
B) [/quote]
As a user who likes to look at ads but prefers to listen to music as I forum, no thanks.[/quote]

It will be muted by default as I already posted?[/quote]
I don’t want to continuously switch off and on my music just to listen to a new ad I saw while I’m looking for a game, and I don’t want to have no music whilst I browse.

To list some more queries at this:
[ul]
[li]Where would this be? If its somewhere common then it’s going to start to eat up a lot of data loading a bunch of videos players might not want to see.[/li]
[li]How would the video ad link the player to the place?[/li]
[li]What’s wrong with the old system that we need a new place?[/li]
[li]You hardly ever will end up spending 30 or so seconds on any page of this website.[/li]
[/ul]

Being able to have your games Video trailers exposed on the webpage somehow sounds interesting to me. I like the idea. Not sure about the best way to implement it though. There could be an option for players to watch a game Trailer and receive 5 tix for each trailer they choose to watch. It would be really expensive this way but maybe worth it?

Isn’t that like the the thing they have going for mobile where developers get money for mobile players viewing ads in exchange for in-game benefits?
Anywho, that’s hardly any work for a lot more daily income to a normal NBC player.

Yeah it’s basically like that. It’s just something I threw out there, because there will a lot of people who won’t like having to watch trailers on the site. This way it could be completely opt-in, like players would have to go out of there way with a few clicks to get to see one of these. And there could be a cap on how often they get to view each trailer, like once a day per trailer.
But that’s just one way the feature could possibly be added and maybe not the best. Hopefully we’ll get to hear more ideas.

Isn’t that like the the thing they have going for mobile where developers get money for mobile players viewing ads in exchange for in-game benefits?
Anywho, that’s hardly any work for a lot more daily income to a normal NBC player.[/quote]

Sounds like it wouldn’t be used for the features, only for tix. Giving free money to players doesn’t exactly help sell R$ or BC.

Anywho, that’s hardly any work for a lot more daily income to a normal NBC player.[/quote]

Sounds like it wouldn’t be used for the features, only for tix. Giving free money to players doesn’t exactly help sell R$ or BC.[/quote]

Then make it like every other as system we have, make them bid, but the money spent directly corresponds to the number of impressions, say it costs 5 tickets to get an impression and 3 are earned when viewing.
The problem is that I can imagine the effectiveness of these ads would be poor

[quote] [quote=“drager980” post=206630][quote=“matt1020304050” post=206622]My idea is to have a separate advertising section where you can advertise your game’s trailer/teaser video that you upload to your game page. The volume will be muted by default, I’d imagine make it cost more than regular ads to advertise the video.
B) [/quote]

I don’t want to continuously switch off and on my music just to listen to a new ad I saw while I’m looking for a game, and I don’t want to have no music whilst I browse.

[ul]
[li]Where would this be? If its somewhere common then it’s going to start to eat up a lot of data loading a bunch of videos players might not want to see.[/li]
[li]You hardly ever will end up spending 30 or so seconds on any page of this website.[/li]
[/ul][/quote]

This will be the video that you already uploaded to your place for 500 robux. It should cost an extra fee to advertise the video instead of a picture ad. I’d imagine you put it on the games page only. They will set it up so when you click the link it goes to the game page, I’m sure that can be done.
BC members can toggle on/off for game video ads.
“What’s wrong with the old system that we need a new place” I’m not sure what you mean?

[quote] [quote=“matt1020304050” post=206632][quote=“drager980” post=206630][quote=“matt1020304050” post=206622]My idea is to have a separate advertising section where you can advertise your game’s trailer/teaser video that you upload to your game page. The volume will be muted by default, I’d imagine make it cost more than regular ads to advertise the video.
B) [/quote]

[ul]
[/ul][/quote]

This will be the video that you already uploaded to your place for 500 robux. It should cost an extra fee to advertise the video instead of a picture ad. I’d imagine you put it on the games page only. They will set it up so when you click the link it goes to the game page, I’m sure that can be done.
“What’s wrong with the old system that we need a new place” I’m not sure what you mean?[/quote]
I never stay in one place on the games page for long enough to watch an entire ad, though. They also refresh every time I slide through a page. I don’t think there really is an effective place for this.
[sub]Unless you mean the loading bar NBC users get when they’re about to join a game? But even then that just makes the target audience of these ads minuscule and not worth the price.[/sub]

The old system are the banner, skyscraper and more importantly now rectangular ads. They work effectively without sound or video needing to be attached and don’t need something to get in their way.

[quote] [quote=“drager980” post=206634][quote=“matt1020304050” post=206632][quote=“drager980” post=206630][quote=“matt1020304050” post=206622]My idea is to have a separate advertising section where you can advertise your game’s trailer/teaser video that you upload to your game page. The volume will be muted by default, I’d imagine make it cost more than regular ads to advertise the video.
B) [/quote]

[ul]
[/ul][/quote]

“What’s wrong with the old system that we need a new place” I’m not sure what you mean?[/quote]
I never stay in one place on the games page for long enough to watch an entire ad, though. They also refresh every time I slide through a page. I don’t think there really is an effective place for this.
[sub]Unless you mean the loading bar NBC users get when they’re about to join a game? But even then that just makes the target audience of these ads minuscule and not worth the price.[/sub]

The old system are the banner, skyscraper and more importantly now rectangular ads. They work effectively without sound or video needing to be attached and don’t need something to get in their way.[/quote]

This is not replacing that system, this is a choice to advertise your already uploaded game trailer video.

Roblox will be full of these fake: HIT 3 IPHONES TO WIN! ad-crap.
No. Just no and never.

Unless Roblox takes full stand on moderating these, no, never.