Game won’t show up on Search

I know there is plenty of topics like this but i do not understand the position i am having.

So, i am developing a game which is linked here.

https://www.roblox.com/games/7976057920/Obby-Funzone-Parkour#!/about

I did couple of ads with .50 CTR also.

Original name is ‘‘Obby Funzone Parkour’’ but since theres a lot of obby and parkour named games and i have almost no chance to show up, i decided to change it to “Obby Fun Zone Parkour”. But even when i put the name of the game on the search bar, my game wont pop up. When i search it as “Obby Fun” i never see my game on search among no player and 5 visits games.

I’m totally lost and in need of some advices. Thanks to whoever gives opinion good or bad, all appreciated.

Is your game new? This usually only happens to newly released games.
My just released game is also not showing up on search and also not on the “Continue playing” section.
This happened to a lot of people before as you can see in this thread:

We think it has something to do with a new security system Roblox uses to detect games that have gotten a lot of visits in a short period of time (probably to prevent botting). However, as you probably have noticed, this system works very bad and also filters games out of the website which don’t do anything bad. Resulting in wasted Robux spent on ads and terrible player counts.

Good thing to mention; the games that experience this are usually back in about a week.

This happened to me for the second time now so I’m pretty frustrated about it, support offers 0 help and not even one staff member is willing to give a reason for why this is happening. Really unfair.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind answer and your time. Game is been there under development for 2 months, i was just addings things slowly since i knew noone would join. Its been a while since i’m trying to pull people in.

I can really say filtering is terrible. If theres no ads noone joins because game never shows up literally anywhere, so i’m invisible.

I’m totally discouraged since if i don’t do ads noone join and i can not decide what to do. Options are; say goodbye to my 2 months of effort or just waste more money on something noone even can see.

Since when was it filtered out of the website? Because I don’t think it can be filtered out of the website for much longer than a week. I understand that it’s very discouraging. I would suggest contacting support about it as well, just to make them aware again. You should also get your Robux refunded in my opinion, because the ads you spent on the ads are worthless because players simply can’t find the game again after playing

2 Likes

Your name isn’t unique and it’s overused anyway, try renaming it

2 Likes

This.

You need at least one unique word in there that isn’t in any(or many) searches. Then if your game is good(memorable) players will at least be able to search it up by the unique part of the name.

2 Likes

I have no idea what Roblox have done with their search algorithm, as i’ve seen this issue come up countless times.
Yes, your name may be a bit “general”, but I responded to a similar post with the game name of “Rush Point”. There’s no other popular games called Rush Point. Some games, such as those with the word “Point” in came up first, which makes sense for them to appear. However, the actual game didn’t appear for at least 30 games, after stuff like Adopt Me.

This makes zero sense to me, and i’ve seen it with one of my old games, where it just doesn’t appear.
The search algorithm is really inconsistent as it seems different for other people.

Try changing the name to something less generic, but other than that there’s not much you can do. Loads of people have the same issue

2 Likes

This happens to me too. No matter what I do, even when I search the exact name of my game, it never shows up and I get a bunch of games with completely different names and in different genres.

2 Likes

I contacted support and it worked this time, engineers are aware of the issue (again). I would just recommend everyone to contact support so that they are aware this issue affects more people