game:BindToClose() is not working?

It’s not possible or favorable to keep waking a glitch bot up as it will self terminate and won’t listen until an actual web browser interacts with it.

It’s highly suggested to either pay for Glitch Pro for 24/7 running of your apps or use an alternative service as Glitch’s Policy on ‘keeping a full-stack app awake on a free plan’ isn’t allowed anymore.

Well I don’t think there are any free alternatives-

What’s the intent of using glitch?

Saving data? Firestore Realtime database works.
Processing data? Google Scripts is free.

You could try https://replit.com. It’s very similar to glitch and allows uptime robots.

I’m using it to rank players in a group after they pass an application in-game.

Are there any tutorials for how to rank players in a group from in-game using repl.it?

I would probably suggest instead of kicking a player, keep the player ingame and have the server ping the glitch app over and over until it is successful, then to kick the player after it has ran.

You can just paste the same code you have in glitch.

But the player would likely leave the game.

Then that’s on poor user interface.

Have a popup on the user screen stating that their rank is being updated, please wait.
Ping the glitch server over and over until it reply a “success”
Tell the client it has been finished, maybe show a green checkmark, “Good to go!”

Could even a few seconds before the user is intended to get ranked, ping the glitch bot to start waking up.

But even now as I am trying to view my glitch thing, it’s taking up to 5 minutes to load and nobody will wait that long.

Maybe add a nice UI game they can play while waiting :man_shrugging:

Wouldn’t that be too much effort just for a little application center?

There is one other alternative if your glitch app’s simply won’t start in time.

Save all the data into Firestore Realtime Database or interface with a Roblox Datastore (nginx) module and have a server hosting locally on your own device that listens for new data and applys the rank itself.

Otherwise,
Could try self hosting and using ngrok if you are needing it for free.

Would you possibly have a tutorial handy on how to do this? It sounds pretty complicated-

1 Like

I necessarily wouldn’t have a tutorial, but ngrok is quite simple.

If you know how to make a glitch app, find out how to move the glitch app to your own computer.
Once you finally get a page running the way you want on your computer, open an ngrok tunnel, and you’ll get an easy free http url right to your local server.

Hosting locally wouldn’t be a great idea for them. They would have to set up some scripts to keep it running 24/7 and I don’t think they’ll really want that.

My computer wouldn’t be very trustworthy for that, it’s pretty slow and the power turns off in my house a couple times a day.

Then there probably wouldn’t be a surefire way to ensure utmost reliability a while being free for something that requires constantly keeping a cookie alive for a Roblox Bot.

Only other ideas is seeing if response times improve on Heroku or repl.it

So I can’t do this?

30char30char

1 Like