Gamepass Icons completely broken on me

PC Info: Windows 10, 22H2
Date First Experienced: 7/11/23
Date Last Experienced: 7/18/23

When i upload gamepass icon it getting stretched or getting broken for no reason.

Here is a broken gamepass icon:
proof1

This is the actual icon im trying upload:
Png

5 Likes

The image you are trying to upload needs to be a square image. If you use a basic image editor, you can crop a square image to edit your photo onto.
Roblox say you need to use a template of 512×512 pixels.
The image will then crop it’s self into a circle.
You can find out more here: Passes | Documentation

3 Likes

Image size is already 512x512.

2 Likes

Have you tried not using a transparent background for the image? The one with the village in the background for 100 robux you posted looks to have worked

1 Like

Look at the Image in top. I already tried used and it got broken too…

It’s not worked theres Black Background in corners. It shouldn’t be like that

If you mean that the image has been changed to a circle, then that is intended. I would advise looking at the Creating a gampass section here

No i’m not meaning that.

I mean this thing:
a

I mean the corners not getting transparent if i add background.

First, I believe you are talking about the black areas around the image.
A link to this gamepass may be helpful as I think the gampass could working normally.

Here is an example from my game:
Roblox Creator PageRoblox Game Page Gamepass Link

Roblox have an example too:

I have seen your game, the gamepasses you have do seem to have a glitch where the image is a square. Have you tried using a different file type such as .jpg rather than a .png?
The black you show here I have noticed to also be Roblox’s way of showing image transparency on the creator page.

I will also just say, I have created a new gamepass today to test if there is an update. There is not a change in how images are processed for me at least.

1 Like

But it’s still same at me. Still buggy.

Is it just your gamepasses or does the same effect happen to other games?

It’s only happen in gamepasses.

1 Like

This was happening to me as well. Images were 1:1 ratio and for some reason they were being stretched when uploaded to the website.

I had to add a near invisible transparent border around the image.

Border:

No Border(would get stretched)

1 Like

Hi, thanks for raising this! we will be looking into this shortly.

1 Like

Hi, looking into this; is this a new issue or has this been happening for a while?

Appears to be a new issue, since my older gamepasses weren’t changed and I haven’t had to reupload them.

Yes, it’s a new issue. It’s not happened to me before.

This issue still happening on me…

Hey - I got around to digging into this bug. I’m working on a change that should be out within the week/early next week. It’s due to how the alpha channel is handled where transparent borders (relative to the image) aren’t respected during the image processing. As mentioned above, a current work around is to add a thin border around the image, but the fix will remove the need for that.

2 Likes