Gamepass test purchases do not work in Roblox Studio

Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-02-10 00:02:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-02-10 00:02:00 (-05:00)

Reproduction Steps:

1. Make a gamepass for a game (Make sure the gamepass belongs under the game/group).
  2. In said game, write some code that uses PromptGamePassPurchase function of MarketplaceService.
  3. Try to prompt it in studio. It will return “AllowThirdPartySales has blocked the purchase prompt for 0 created by (Owner id). To sell this asset made by a different user, you will need to enable AllowThirdPartySales.”

100% reproducible in studio. Mac OS Big Sur/latest Roblox studio build.

Expected Behavior:
Gamepass purchase will go through.

Actual Behavior:
Gamepass purchase will print in output “00:30:14.437 AllowThirdPartySales has blocked the purchase prompt for 0 created by (Owner ID). To sell this asset made by a different user, you will need to enable AllowThirdPartySales.”

Workaround:
Turn on 3rd party sales for the place via the game settings page.

8 Likes

This has been happening to me for about the past month, workaround is to just enable ThirdPartySales. Surprised how this hasn’t been reported sooner.

3 Likes

Never noticed it until now (Guess I haven’t tested IAPs in a while lol).

1 Like

I am also getting this when test purchasing clothing on roblox stuio.

Really odd, and anyoying.

I have just gotten this warning. Hoping for it to be fixed soon

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

this is still an issue

Any update on this? It’s still occurring.

1 Like

This delay is on me. I dropped the ball on making sure it was assigned to someone in my team (Studio Marketplace). You’re correct that the workaround isn’t good, and you absolutely don’t need to turn on “AllowThirdPartySales” for it to work in game. We should have this patched up in a Studio release or two given the nature of the bug and process.

Sorry about that, and thanks for your patience.

5 Likes

Thank you for the update and information!

Any news on this being fixed? It is still an issue :sweat_smile:

Any new updates regarding this?

Still getting this error

This has never been fixed… any updates on this? Very annoying issue.

1 Like

Im still having this issue… Anyone know why its happening?

1 Like