Game's Performance

Hello, hope you are feeling well today! I am very worry about my game, I don’t know if it needs optimizations, I am lost. I ain’t sure of what to do. Where can I see if my scripts are doing well? How do I know if my game has a great performance? I know I sound a bit dumb with this questions, currently my main script, (client side) is between 0% - 2% of activity and the server one 0% - 1%. I don’t lag in the game, nothing lags for me. Idk if the game works good for other people. I just know there is a weird thing in my game where there are some players that can’t move at all, (it just happens in some pc and phones). This is a weird bug idk if it happens in another games.

Idk if you understood all what I said above, I know I didn’t explained myself very well. Thank you, focasds.

1 Like

I think this shouldve been at the game design support but, try using F9 and then go to memory.

1 Like

When I go to memory what do I look for in it? I do this but idk what should I read from it, someone told me LuaHeap before, but idk when is it bad. I don’t have enough information of when something is bad.

1 Like

Look in everything and you will see what are the things giving memory problems.

Currently everything is bellow 30 Except Terrain, is like 100 +

Is your game using streaming enabled? It helps with memory on lower end devices such as xboxs and phones.

1 Like

You can use the script performance window in the studio view tab (view → script performance). For client scripts, and for server scripts F9 → scripts

1 Like

Client:

Server:

I don’t have streaming enabled on because it glitches some of my scripts, meaning I will have to edit the scripts and adapt them to the Streaming Enabled feature.

It would be great to test the game on other platforms with different specs. Script performance is unreliable imo because it is different based on the device your using, for example it would be much lower if your using a better a computer than it would be on a slower computer. For example, one of my scripts when it is activated it has an activity level of about 0.2% on the better computer, but on the slower computer it would be 2%. So if you have a good pc, and it has such a high script activity level that may be a bad thing.

1 Like

Concerning the problem you mentioned, I’ve had this happen in another place. I believe it was because of a backdoor (put in free models) or a memory leak. Just make sure those dont exist

Edit:
Video of it here: https://youtu.be/UCbDYapvtn4
This also may happen because of a sudden jump in usage on the server. (Above 90%)

1 Like

UntrackedMemory looks bad. Thats potentially a memory leak.

1 Like

How do I know if I have a memory leak, I haven’t used free models and if I do I delete its scripts.

1 Like

What do you mean by other platforms? Apps?

It may not be, there is a roblox bug where untracked memory is high even on a empty baseplate for some platforms.

2 Likes

Like phones, tablets, laptops, etc.

1 Like

Probably, I’m not the expert at memory leaks.

2 Likes

Currently it works in all my devices. I haven’t received any crash as well in the Developer Stats.

Well then that is a good sign that everything is ok.

1 Like