Gaster blaster problem

Screenshot 2021-05-08 101124

it also damages the person that spawned in the blaster, which I don’t want. I tried to fix it a lot of times but it doesn’t work. I saw other scripts and tried to use it on this but it doesn’t work for some reason.

4 Likes

Could you tell me where the Damage Value and Script are?

Reference a conditional check that the user that cast the Blaster is not equal to the user that touched it

it is in the gaster blaster, the value of the damage is 9223372036854775807

Screenshot 2021-05-08 101925

this is the things in the blaster.

You’re basically damaging every Humanoid of hit.Parent, meaning everything that blends in the “Death Zone” will take that amount of damage

I don’t really know how a Gaster Blaster is made, does a spawner Character Part go inside of the Blaster in any way?

rbxassetid://6593841988 this is the asset, you can check the scripts inside of it sicne i dont know how to show it in the devfourm

try to make it spawn in front of the player by a few studs if thats what you mean

that wont rally help since you have to move to doge others.

I’ll say this again:

You’ll have to insert some kind of Value Object if you want the caster (Player that casted the blaster) to not take damage from the part, but other players do

2 Likes

Does the Spawner’s Character hold the Gaster Blaster?

let me record my self. to show what the problem is.

What jackscarlett is saying is, define the Spawner’s Humanoid and if the Humanoid of someone who has hit the beam isn’t the one of the Spawner then you make THEM take damage

1 Like

the Value Object he means is basically giving damage to those who don’t have the same Humanoid Properties or the same x-Value ( x could be Bool, Int, etc… ) as the Spawner’s. You could give the Gaster Blaster Spawner higher WalkSpeed than those who hit the beam

let me just post the script shall I? I don’t really understand what you guys said.

Sure Thing @GotMilkBoyz :smiley:

A Value Object is basically a Object that you can use globally that stores a value

Say I have a NumberValue, and it’s “Value” is 10

local NumberValue = workspace.NumberValue

print(NumberValue.Value) --This would be 10

And on another script:

local DefinitelyNotANumber = workspace.NumberValue

print(DefinitelyNotANumber.Value) --Still would output 10

And yes please do send the script, should’ve started with that in the OP from the start

while true do
local p = Instance.new(“Part”, script.Parent)
p.Name = “ChargingAura”
p.Anchored = true
p.CFrame = script.Parent.BeamCharging.CFrame
p.Shape = Enum.PartType.Ball
p.Size = Vector3.new(script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 2.5, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 2.5, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 2.5)
p.Material = Enum.Material.Neon
p.Transparency = 1
p.CanCollide = false
script.Parent.Beamer.Charge:Play()
for i = 1,20 do
p.Size = p.Size - Vector3.new(script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 0.075, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 0.075, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 0.075)
p.Transparency = p.Transparency - 0.0375
script.Parent.Jaws.CFrame = script.Parent.Jaws.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(2.25), math.rad(0), math.rad(0))
wait(0.025)
end
game.Debris:AddItem(p, 0.5)
wait(0.5)
local c = Instance.new(“Part”, script.Parent)
local e = Instance.new (“SpecialMesh”)
e.MeshType = Enum.MeshType.Sphere
e.Parent = c
c.Name = “GasterBeam”
c.Color = BrickColor.new(“Gold”).Color
c.Anchored = true
c.Shape = Enum.PartType.Cylinder
c.Size = Vector3.new(0, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Y * 7, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Z * 7)
c.Material = Enum.Material.Neon
c.Transparency = 0
c.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
if hit.Parent:FindFirstChild(“Humanoid”) then
hit.Parent:FindFirstChild(“Humanoid”):TakeDamage(script.Parent.Damage.Value)
end
end)
script.Parent[“Right Eye”].Transparency = 1
script.Parent.Beamer.Shoot:Play()
for i = 1,10 do
c.Size = c.Size + Vector3.new(script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 10, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Y / 10, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Z / 10)
c.Transparency = c.Transparency + 0.025
c.CFrame = script.Parent.BeamCharging.CFrame + script.Parent.BeamCharging.CFrame.RightVector * ((c.Size.X / 2) + (script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 1.5))
c.CanCollide = false
wait(0.00001)

end
for i = 1 , 2 do
	for i = 1,10 do
		c.Size = c.Size - Vector3.new(-(script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 2), script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Y / 20, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Z / 20)
		c.CFrame = script.Parent.BeamCharging.CFrame + script.Parent.BeamCharging.CFrame.RightVector * ((c.Size.X / 2) + (script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 1.5))
		c.Transparency = c.Transparency - 0.025
		wait(0.025)

end
	for i = 1,10 do
		c.Size = c.Size + Vector3.new(script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 2, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Y / 10, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Z / 10)
		c.Transparency = c.Transparency + 0.025
		wait(0.00001)

end
	wait()
end
for i = 1,10 do
	c.Size = c.Size - Vector3.new(-(script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.X * 2), script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Y / 4, script.Parent.BeamCharging.Size.Z / 4)
	c.Transparency = c.Transparency - 0.025
	wait(0.00001)

end

game.Debris:AddItem(c, 0)
script.Parent["Right Eye"].Transparency = 0
for i = 1,20 do
	script.Parent.Jaws.CFrame = script.Parent.Jaws.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(-2.25), math.rad(0), math.rad(0))
	wait(0.00001)
end
script.Parent.Beamer.Bling:Play()
wait(0.5)

end

yeeeee i dont know how to insert a code thingy in here.