Gears are enabled in local place files

They didn’t even have it in the update logs? That sounds unusual for Roblox.

It doesn’t respect the game’s gear settings. It’s definitely a bug.

I don’t think downloaded places have gear settings. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

All datamodels have game settings. Things like avatar scale settings, gear settings, and more are stored in the datamodel.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Hi, it’s been over a month - are there any updates on this?

This is still happening as of 9/30/22.

This is very annoying because it messes up my mouse cursor in play mode. Lots of old gear have problems with getting your mouse cursor stuck as that target cursor icon even after you unequip it, and this is annoying to work with in play mode because it makes it difficult to see where the click of your cursor will be + it’s very large visually with the “reloading” text.

2 Likes

@thirdtakeonit Heya! This is still happening as of 10/20/22, almost 3 months later. Could you escalate this please?

2 Likes

Glad to hear it’s related to holding a gear item on your avatar. This bug was killing me. Would love to see this fully resolved. I do a ton of local place testing.

2 Likes

This is still happening as of 12/6/22.

3 Likes

This is still an issue as of 1/16/23. This is very annoying to deal with, could an engineer please look into this?

pls. it has been like 9 months. babies have been conceived and born and my avatar still can’t hold a cool looking sword without it haunting my output every time I play test whatever side project I’m working on.

I can confirm that something interesting started happening recently.

It appears that not only is the equipped gear showing up, but also all the gears in the inventory are showing up …but at random. I’ve not been able to consistently reproduce this variation, but it does seem to happen.

2 Likes

This is still happening as of 4/25/23.

2 Likes

Had this same issue once, at one point all gears showed up randomly, I don’t know why, but normally its just one gear that spawns constantly whenever I press play and its always activated so I have to disable it every time.

Hopefully an update will be provided if any, but the fix just seems to be ‘Don’t hold gear on your player’ and hopefully don’t get the glitch for all gear showing up.

This is very annoying. I also have the issue of all of my gears, both equipped and unequipped, randomly appear in my inventory. This is especially annoying because some of the gear has broken scripts that flood my output with errors.

This is still happening as of 8/18/23. This bug report was filed over a year ago.

Can this be fixed please???

Still happening to me today - been testing in multiple local files recently and its caused me to need to unequip my gear from my avatar just to not equip a gear every time I play solo. It adds extra junk to my output and scripts I don’t want loaded.

This is still happening in 2024. This bug is over 2 years old now, please fix this!

1 Like