Gears Catalog api stops after 1020 results

I would like to report a bug, I am working on something where I want to fix all the gear from the Roblox catalog since 50% of the gears that are in the Roblox catalog are broken.
In order to do this need all the gears that are in the Roblox catalog to be imported into a Roblox Studio place.
However, when I try to use the Roblox catalog API (External Catalog Queries | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub) to import all the gear from the Roblox Catalog I only get about 1020 results.
I know that there are more than 1020 gears in the catalog since when I looked through the gears of the Roblox catalog I notice that there are missing a lot of gears.

What I currently do is using this URL (https://catalog.roblox.com/v1/search/items?category=Gear&includeNotForSale=true&limit=100&subcategory=Gear) and loop through the next cursor to get the current 1020 results, as explained above it should give us all the gear from the Roblox catalog wich it does not.
I think that this is a bug with the Roblox catalog API that I am are using to get the results.

Hopefully, you guys can help us/fix the issue I am having, otherwise, I am being forced to import the gears from the Roblox Catalog one by one which will take days.

7 Likes

There’s a similar bug when you scroll through too many pages catalog pages too fast, then it just doesn’t load and puts you into an unchangeable state of scrolling until of refresh the page. I believe Roblox is aware of the bug because it used to just give you some error message rather than have the arrow become unmoveable.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 7.55.57 AM

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

5 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue.

1 Like

I can confirm that the issue still persists.
https://catalog.roblox.com/v1/search/items?category=Gear&cursor=17_1_5ee79e053f1b6f11b5352fc4da9f9628&limit=60&sortType=3&subcategory=Gear, nextPageCursor on the 17th page its still always null.

2 Likes

yes, as @Julli4n said it stops after page 17, The max results i am able to get is around 1000
10 per page, 1000 Results:

60 per page, 1020 Results:

1 Like

This still hasn’t been fixed.

Mobile users on browsers can’t even make it past the first page.

as a workaround, you can first sort from lowest to highest price, then from highest to lowest, then remove duplicates

this issue haven’t been fixed.

Still stuck at 1000 results

Still unable to go more than 17 pages, several months later.

As I said before, if you are using the mobile browser version of ROBLOX you are limited to a single page of results and nothing more. You don’t even get the option to hit next page.

3 Likes

sorry for bumping but if you want all gears you can use this (by me)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iUnstable0/Roblox/main/Gears.json
It has around 2310 gears

btw this bug is still happening

1 Like

This is still an issue today and occurs with any type of Avatar item, like Faces, Gears, and Accessories. The catalog search seems to be capped to stop at about 1K results, using 100 per result I’m not able to get past the 10th page.

https://catalog.roblox.com/v1/search/items?category=Accessories&includeNotForSale=false&keyword=%20&limit=100&subcategory=Gear&creatorName=Roblox&cursor=10_1_44e047d11376c24f89e5577f57009bcd

I’m trying to create a Roblox inventory viewer, and I may plan to integrate avatar editing into it, so showing all (and up-to-date) Roblox created accessories is very tedious. Even the best solution I’ve found so far with external sites are still missing a few of them, and with the upcoming AvatarEditorService I’m not sure if that will have the same issue of being clamped since it’s currently disabled.

Unfortunately Roblox’s inventory isn’t public either, so I can’t use the inventory API to get the items there.

2 Likes