Gender Selection not Showing up on Sign-up

Note: Roblox removed the Gender option but last I knew it was brought back. However when I use Safari or Chrome it gives me an option but not on Firefox.

Intro:

So I was going to make a new Roblox account and I noticed that on Firefox the option for gender doesn’t show up. I thought they added it back so checked Chrome and Safari and it was, however it doesn’t show on Firefox. I’ve linked more information below.

Specs:

I’m on a 2020 Mac Book Air, using Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit).

Repro:

• Open up Roblox’s sign up page.
  • And it should show up, not much to it.

Proof:

Firefox:

Safari

Chrome

2 Likes

Roblox might have not gotten to update this on firefox yet. :confused:

Intresting, they must have not removed yet on Firefox. I wonder what happends when make an account then? :thinking:

Roblox removed this on purpose and has changed the default character to a gender neutral character.

1 Like

@ImTheBuildGuy and @BaggyChris

I know but they added it back. That’s why it shows up on every other search application.

I have got this page in chrome where it says Gender is optional.

1 Like

It looks like this is an AB test, some users have the option removed and others have it marked as optional.
Pretty sure this is not a bug.

8 Likes

From what you said in the AB Test was it was “with avatars”. However that’s the case why would they make it for certain browsers. Plus it’s not like they can tell who exactly the person behind the screen is and if they’re a good test candidate.

Edit: @Awesace brings up a good point, however it still gives you an option so maybe they forgot to remove that feature on the other browsers? Anyways I hope some staff member responds to clear it up.

They will probably remove the feather on the other browsers soon. I can’t imagine them forgetting other browsers. Maybe they just did one browser as a test?

1 Like

The purpose of an AB test is to test a change against a random portion of the population. There are many AB tests going on all the time. You can see above that a user still has it optional on Chrome. Pretty sure this behavior is intentional.

6 Likes

^ what PeZsmistic said :white_check_mark:

4 Likes