General Feedback on Cartoony Shop Props

While fiddling around on Studio today, I decided to try and build some cartoony shop props, similar to ones that might be seen in simulators. “Shop props” essentially means that there is no interior, but developers can rig them up to make a GUI shop appear for players when they touch the building’s door.

I have built two so far. If these two are good enough, I intend to put them into an asset pack and sell them, along with two more buildings. (Consequently, I’m also looking for ideas on what kind of shops the next 2 should be.)

Keep in mind that this is one of my first times dabbling in the cartoony style of building, so any tips and criticisms will be appreciated!

These are the buildings:

The Buildings

To summarize, I’m looking for:

• Feedback
  • A price estimate for a group of 4 buildings similar to these AFTER CHANGES ARE MADE
  • Ideas for the purposes of the next two shops

(P.S. I’m aware that the shark pet is slightly off-center and have fixed that.)

4 Likes

Love the design. Though there is slight clipping.

1 Like

They both look awesome! I really like the pet shop and think it is fine where it is. But for some reason the bow on the clothing store keeps unsettling me…Maybe try taking the navy blue edging around the bow and make it around the center circle too(?) Or maybe make the red toned down and similar to the “clothing” sign(?) I’d say experiment

Overall I like both of them, but I do think that there can be improvements.

Clothing Shop

• Space out the railing for the entrance to the door more.
  • Maybe color the stairs so it fits with the overall color scheme.
  • Make the stairs wider
  • I’d change the bow because it doesn’t seem too appealing to the eyes.

Pet Shop

• It seems like the right side of the floor is sticking out more than the left, so I would check proportions on that.
  • I would space out the word Pets just because it looks cluttered. (Only a little bit)

I think you’re on the right track for one of your first times dabbling into this area of building, keep up the good work and keep practicing. :+1:

2 Likes

Any improvements?I tought about adding some bricks to your building maybe,i think they really need a bit more details but in general good job,they look very great :smiley: