General problem of All Ragdoll Scripts / ModuleScripts I've researched (DEAD DELAY!) [R15]

:slightly_smiling_face:Note: Everything I Said Applies To R15

I’ve been doing research about ragdoll for about 2 weeks. All ragdoll scripts that seem to work smoothly are old but well written by good people. Due to Roblox updates, old ragdoll scripts (including the current ones) have one critic error.

DEATH

When the user dies and their BreakJointsOnDeath is False, they ragdoll with a lag.

The solution to this is simple, you will tell me to delete the motor6ds of the joints of the character, when I do this, there is a delay of about 2 - 0.5 seconds when the character dies. the user hangs and then ragdolls.

There will be those who say that the reason for this is network ownership, but despite the network adjustments I made in echoreaper’s ragdoll module and deleting motor6d, I could not solve the error I mentioned.

I think this is an engine bug, I would like to ask the size. but I doubt that there is no engine bug, because there are games with ragdoll that run smoothly.

EVERYTHING I SAID APPLIES TO R15!

4 Likes

This thing applies not only to things like this. I have made custom character system with constraints (rope, ball socket, spring, body force, body gyro, align position, IKcontrols), and one of main features of game is bombs.
When character creates bomb, which then welds to attachment above head, he will freeze until bomb explode or it thrown. But when bomb thrown / explode, character then teleports to desired location along with bomb, where it SHOULD be, if it won’t freeze. This bug occurs on half of created characters, what means that 1 character will freeze with bombs, while other will behave like intented. Pattern of bugged characters are random.
Important note that my system don’t use humanoid instance, but basic values like number value or object value.

3 Likes

yeah i need this issue fix please someone say answer

1 Like

I am also running into the same problem, still looking for a solution.
for me it happens after 5 deaths then they start hanging.