Generate avatars from images with Avatar Lab Preview [Demo]

With this feature, would I be able to give it this image & it would output a 3D version of it? Would it be able to do this for full avatars, and not just heads?

8 Likes

I tested this out myself. I did not like it. It’s just not for me.

5 Likes

I agree, maybe something similar to those in the crappy AI thumbnails but better

2 Likes

Tried to make a Norwegian forest cat.

9 Likes

math.round() this lol

6 Likes

Is it normal that the body uses classic clothing?

3 Likes

Since there isn’t a part where I can report bugs in-game, I might as well share it here in this post… I encountered two bugs regarding the Wait Time that is horrendous and an error that is visible on the Developer Console:

CC: @timetopretend8

1 Like

Why do we gotta have all this AI generated stuff… in my opinion its all going overboard…

6 Likes

These AI generated faces give me some uncanny valley vibes.

3 Likes

“they were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should”

15 Likes

Kiki will talk to me again with this new update, thank you.

1 Like

I would like to create my avatar with this function and it would look unique

1 Like

I previously tested this feature in the Research Panel program. This feature only works with realistic heads. No one will use this feature. Please don’t make new features only for realistic avatars.

4 Likes

Genuinely disheartening to see that this is what the classic avatars (R6, 1.0) are being replaced per Roblox’s “vision”. At first I wasn’t so bitter because we had UGC and some bodies, heads, and support for classic clothing looked nice. Seeing AI generated bodies and avatars everywhere? Depressing. If you make avatar creation as easy as this using objectively morally corrupt datasets (opt-out instead of opt-in datasets) then there’s no need to buy bodies anymore. I hope this feature never goes live for avatars.

So incredibly soulless. Text prompt for avatar generation isn’t creative nor inspiring. Don’t replace the UGC creators’ work.

13 Likes

Thanks for the insights — They answered a few of my questions and I like the general direction

1 Like

actually good implementation of AI, im impressed

although, I do feel like this will DEFINITELY harm UGC creators in the future, especially if these are allowed to be uploaded in the marketplace, are there any plans to somehow negate this potential future disaster?

3 Likes

I’m getting numb to the posts promoting these uncanny “realistic” Roblox avatars.

2 Likes

Decided to waste some time and there are some weird artifacts when using other hair, and the ears seem to be brown just because of the beard description that I put in. There are also some strange cases where the eye color affects the hair color even if the hair description is specified. I’m also not a huge fan of the lack of body diversity here as of the moment

I don’t see a timeline where I’ll use the Avatar GenAI to represent my online identity here in Roblox, given that the (uncanny) realism of the avatars don’t really complement the R15 animations, but I’m sure they’ll be used by some who are into the idea! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I also had this visual rounding error in the P2A testing. Unfortunately even after I reportred it back then, it seems to not be fixed yet
@timetopretend8

However, this tool has definitely come a far way since the closed beta. Looking forward to see what it will become in the near future!

4 Likes

Okay, cool, great job actually

but who asked for this, and who actually needs this? lots of time and resources go into things like this.

5 Likes